Apostolic Palace Resolutions & Stack Attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apostolic Palace Resolutions & Stack Attacks

I just recently installed Civ IV BTS on my new computer and installed BTS Patch 3.19. Until then, it's been seven months since I last played so maybe I'm a little rusty on things.

I built the Apostolic Palace and was elected leader, but it used to be that the game would occasionally offer a list of resolutions for me to put forth. I've had it now for quite a while and it has yet to allow me to put forth resolutions.

Another aspect I've missed is stack attacks. I can move a bunch of units as one, but when it comes time to attack as a stack, they come at the enemy one unit at a time. This had led me to me routinely getting my butt kicked. did I miss a patch somewhere or am I rustier than I thought?

This thread should be moved to the Civ 4 forum.

I don't know the whens and whys of AP resolutions. Could be something such as you were the only one who had that religion would prevent any and all resolutions from coming up.

I honestly never use stack attacks, so wouldn't know. I have the (possibly mistaken) belief that stack attacks are suboptimal because they may pick a less likely first attacker, who will then face a more powerful defender, or that they don't know when and how to sacrifice a unit to weaken a single strong defender which allows the second attacker to win and survive.
    Last edited by wodan11; June 17, 2011, 06:58.

Comment

There is an option in the options menus to turn on stack attack. Stack attack doesn't necessarily mean the entire stack attacking. You can select a group of units in a group to attack. (or a subgroup)
      It's main benefit is to save time (usually in MP games when the timer is running down) Especially when it's BIG stacks. That 60 unit stack marches up next to your city. [cntrl] select all your cannons, attack and then select the rest of your offensive units and attack. Your attack is done in 5 seconds. Yes, while it's sometimes not optimal, it's a good compromise in terms of time. Anyone that let's the timer run out too many turns in an MP game has problems finding MP games.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Do not know the whens and whys of AP resolutions.

Comment

"Stack attack" is a micro management time saver. Your units will still attack one at a time, but you can send your entire stack of over9000 units in with a single mouse click.

Tip: Group your units by type (ie Siege, City Raiders, mounted ect) and send them in one group at a time. This way you can attack with all your siege with a single mouse click then all of your city buster units.
          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

You can select a group of units in a group to attack. (or a subgroup)
            It's main benefit is to save time (usually in MP games when the timer is running down) Especially when it's BIG stacks.

Comment

Working...
            X