port help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• port help

Its probably been asked quite a few times, but after searching I have yet to find a resolution to the issue. I cannot connect to any games at all, and when I try to make my own I time out with the server. I've opened all the ports i found in any list saying they should work, but no luck. If anyone can tell me which ports and if they are TCP or UDP or both to open that would be amazing.

I found that I can connect with the hardline, but wireless I cannot.
    Last edited by dndlocke; June 6, 2010, 01:22. Reason: updated info

Port 2056 is the key port usually

Comment

kk ive narrowed down the issue, the wired computer can connect to games, just most of them it says the version is different. But the wireless one won't connect at all, even with all the ports open.

Comment

Have you patched BTS up to 3.19? If not, that may well be your problem.
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I had that problem and resolved it quite easily. Called comcast and got 4 additional ips, and then put a switch/hub in front of the wireless router. Problem solved.

The other solution is to just connect through Game Spy.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
          X