Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to play on donut-world?

hello,

last week someone gave me civ4 (i've already Civ DOS, civ win, civ2, civ3, civ CTP, CTP2 and SMAC), but this game seems to be unable to be played on a doughnut world. all i get are plain maps or cylinders.

what have i got to do? play / create an own game? or an scenario? i found something called "wheel" and "ring", but also tried the other options, but scrolling the small map in the lower right corner, it always stops in north and south pole.

i'm playing the simple SID MEYERS CIVILIZATION IV with the official update-patch 174 ... no add-on, no mod.

br, pit
    Last edited by Pit Dralon; May 22, 2010, 10:46.

Sounds like a bug. Contact tech support and see if they can help you.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Dralon View Post
      hello,

last week someone gave me civ4 (i've already Civ DOS, civ win, civ2, civ3, civ CTP, CTP2 and SMAC), but this game seems to be unable to be played on a doughnut world. all i get are plain maps or cylinders.

what have i got to do? play / create an own game? or an scenario? i found something called "wheel" and "ring", but also tried the other options, but scrolling the small map in the lower right corner, it always stops in north and south pole.

i'm playing the simple SID MEYERS CIVILIZATION IV with the official update-patch 174 ... no add-on, no mod.

br, pit
      Toroidal maps were only enabled in warlords, the first expansion. You have the basic game. You need to go and buy Beyond the Sword to get toroidal maps.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

oh - poor
        thanks, i'll look for it!

Comment

Working...
        X