Barbarian amphibious attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbarian amphibious attack

Just wanted to post this up... been playing since release and I don't know if I've just been lucky up to now or what, but I just had a barbarian galley pull up next to my city and unload an archer directly onto my worker and kill it! Never seen that before and found it interesting. Anyone else had that happen?

Never seen this. Have always assumed the gallies were empty. You know what "assume" can do to you and me. Scratching my head.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I think more likely there was a barb archer roaming near the coast out of your LoS and after the galley moved, it moved on top of your worker. Was there a road under the worker?
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I've had this happen too, but rarely. In a recent game I had a city off of the continent on a small island (3 tiles of land total) and another small island nearby which had a barbarian city on it. Anyways, since the island was secured I had let the defense in it lack and only had a single archer there. Around 1600 AD a barbarian galley pulled up and took it with a longbow.

That was slightly embarrassing.

Comment

Theben - it was definitely an "amphibious attack" heh. I watched the galley pull up next to my city where I had a worker building a winery. The squares immediately north of the winery were mountains and the archer was definitely from the galley. I laughed it off, killed the archer with the axeman garrisoning the city, and thought, how strange. Then about 20 turns later the same exact thing happened again... lost another worker too. I had to station an axeman on the winery because the barbarians kept wanting to attack right there from the galley for some reason. Never seen it before but I assure you it happened!

Comment

Barbs want wine. Makes sense
            Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

It's like an unannounced minor event. It happens in BtS, but quite rarely. Seen it happen in several games.

Comment

@ Garth

Comment

Civ 1 nostalgia. I'm sure barbs used to unload units from boats then.

Comment

Working...
                    X