No announcement yet.

Monty in peaceful capitulation shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monty in peaceful capitulation shocker!

As so often happens, I found myself sharing a continent with Monty, Toku and Genghis. Joined, on this occasion, by Capac. Quite why the dice insist on regularly handing me these immediate opponents I don't know.

So I did the sensible things - accepted the religion of Monty & Toku, ceded to the constant requests, threats and menaces, especially from the tirelessly demanding Genghis, joined in the various wars against the hapless Churchill, and built a robust military in expectation of the inevitable...

... when suddenly Monty offered peaceful vassalisation. This lasted the whole game, with him on Friendly, helped, perhaps, by my generous and patronising gifts and good treatment.

I might have expected this from other, less bellicose leaders, but not from Mad Monty the Meathead. I was almost disappointed in him.

Monty is great, just when you think he's 100% predictable he'll do something to really shock you.

Comment

Yeah, the other day he was my neighbor and when I saw he had connected up his iron, I was expecting the inevitable jag rush only to be surprised to be notified that he had built pyramids. Shocker. Needless to say it was greatly appreciated since whenever monty is my neighbor it's just a matter of time before I own all of his land.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
      X