Tribute Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribute Question

In attempting to provoke the Khmer into declaring war against me, I demanded tribute, which they paid. Now I find that I'm not allowed to declare war on them, which I assume is because they paid tribute.

Does anyone know how long I have to wait before I'm allowed to declare war?

Thanks.
    none

10 turns.

Comment

The "Tribute Game" is a fun one to play. When I first started playing Civ IV, it always annoyed me when civs demanded stuff from me. I usually ignored the "requests"... But over time, I learned that tribute was my friend.
      It could keep a stronger neighbor off my back for 10 turns, so that I could prepare to return the favor. It was also a great way to make some instant cash from the weaker civs. It's always fun making peace with somebody, taking all their money, and then demanding more cash from the later... and then using the money to upgrade some units and attack them with them when the peace expires.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes, being threatened to pony up, is usually a good reminder to build more units. But unless I'm their worst enemy, I'll usually decline. Or if I've been cheating on defenses and think I need those 10 turns to prepare.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, like Ming when I see a stronger civ (since I'm normally not very militaristic in SP) moving units to my border then I'll give them some cash to buy myself time to build up and upgrade units. When I'm dominant but not going for a diplomatic or religious victory then I'll brow beat cash out the others with reckless abandon.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
          X