No announcement yet.

What does everyone think of the Khmer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does everyone think of the Khmer?

Just seeing what people think. Like the building with 1 extra food, and the elephants are always fun to play with. Traits are good, many cheap buildings.

Just seeing what others thinkand advice on playing them.

They usually do well as an AI in my games, which means I hate 'em. I try to cut off their expansion ASAP and wars take place either before elephants or after they were useful.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

The Kilmer are ok... I like being creative, especially in MP games. The +1 food UB is "ok", but not one of my favorites. Their UU can be fun, assuming you have Elles in your territory. But I really don't change my strategy much when I'm playing them. The victory condition I'm going for has a bigger impact on how I play. The Kilmer play pretty much like any other creative civ.

And like Theben, if they are near me in a SP game, I like to try to take them out. And if not, at least deny them of Elles if I can. They do usually do good in games, so I try to put them in their place as early as I can.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The worst AI to play against is Charlemagne, for he littered the landscape with worthless cities and tough units.

Comment

Crush him before he gets engineering or after you get gunpowder.
          There are a few AI where there UU determines when I attack them
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Civ is boring, leader is one of the top 5 for ancient MP play.
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I've always thought the civ is a joke, they just don't do well in my games. Maybe the map settings aren't good for the AI.

If I run into them early I attack because the AI is worse at fighting than Ghandi, if I run into it late it's almost always one of those weak disliked by everyone civs. Perfect for being conquered.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
                They usually do well as an AI in my games, which means I hate 'em. I try to cut off their expansion ASAP and wars take place either before elephants or after they were useful.
                Yeah, for some reason Khmer and Ethiopians always seem to get pretty big.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The problem is their unique unit is dependent on a resource that can be hard to acquire. Ivory tends to show up in two or three clumps, not widely distributed so its easy to wind up with a UU you can't build. And since aqueducts are not a priority the way I play, the UB isn't that big either.

The traits are good so I consider them better to play than Zulus, but not in the top half.
                  Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
                  http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

Zulus are actually pretty good. Their UB is one of the few that ties into their UU and it also works in tandem with expansionist trait. Their UU also has a good shelf life and is an excellent raider. A team of Impi early game with COM 1, cover can overrun a small empire fast.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I do like the impis. They're fast and can do a fair amount of damage.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Impis are cool when you upgrade them to Mech Infantry.

Comment

I don't mind playing the Khmer at all. I like the +1 food, and if I have ellies, it makes my tech path quick and easy. Playing against: They are always real bastards when on my border, so that also eliminates guesswork on building my defense.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Any creative civ on my border is usually a real bastard, especially if I'm not, since I can't cheat on my city placement and must either plant right next to or on strategic resources (or any resources I plan on protecting.)
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Khemr is fine. I hate them in 1000AD scenario though. gave me trouble when i signed India on as a vassal
                              To read my signature, press Alt-F4.

Comment

Working...
                              X