Religion and Culture Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norselord View Post
    Don't listen to Rah, Wodan, or Ming. They will argue the opposite of everything anyone says.

in my opinion:

Religions are an all or nothing deal.

Either you found a religion, try to spread it like mad, get all the cool religious wonders and buildings. And suffer the negative diplo hits from the other religious zealots.

or

You research other stuff, wait and see which civ is powerful and adopt their religion later in the game.

or

Allow all religions to spread, spread every religion, build all the religious buildings and run free religion civic.

or

Do the exact opposite of anything Ming, Rah, and Wodan say. Let me know how that works out.
    I gotta say I have never been led astray by Ming,rah or Wodan...although have a closer tie to Ming and rah since being here over 10 years.

I am having a great time now that I have many of these religious temples from different faiths in my cities.

But thanks also for your input Norselord
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Don't listen to Rah, Wodan, or Ming. They will argue the opposite of everything anyone says.
      HUH? A pretty absolute statement!

in my opinion:
      Yep... right or wrong, it's just your opinion... and we are welcome to our opinions.

Do the exact opposite of anything Ming, Rah, and Wodan say. Let me know how that works out.
      And why is that? Again, a pretty absolute statement. Where is your "support/evidence" that people should do the opposite of what we say.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I do wonder about the company I'm now presupposed to be keeping.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
          HUH? A pretty absolute statement!
          And why is that? Again, a pretty absolute statement. Where is your "support/evidence" that people should do the opposite of what we say.

More lies and misinformation.

Just do the EXACT opposite of whatever they suggest. If they say you need to beeline steel, do the opposite.

If they say you need to chop setlers, do the opposite.

If they tell you never to build wonders, do the opposite.

If they tell you not to listen to me, do the opposite.

If they tell you that sarcasm is wrong, believe it is right.

If they hate satire, love satire.

If they are serious, be silly.

Comment

From the sound of things, maybe people should do the exact opposite of what you recommend
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
              From the sound of things, maybe people should do the exact opposite of what you recommend
              You are only saying that to be contrary.

I think Grandpa can learn a lot from doing the opposite of what you suggest. The reason I say this...

...now stay with me a minute...

...is because there is a lot to learn from making mistakes.

There is a lot to be learned from a game in which you try to get every single religion, build every single shrine, build each temple, build each cathedral, and get the spiral minaret, the library, and the sistine chapel.

I advocate playing the extremes for the value in learning.

I also advocate doing the exact opposite of what good, knowledgable posters suggest...there are valuable lessons there.

I am not handing out fish, I am trying to teach fishing.

Also, in breaking news, Civ players are second only to chess players in how seriously they take themselves.

Comment

You are only saying that to be contrary.

I think Grandpa can learn a lot from doing the opposite of what you suggest. The reason I say this...

...now stay with me a minute...

...is because there is a lot to learn from making mistakes.

There is a lot to be learned from a game in which you try to get every single religion, build every single shrine, build each temple, build each cathedral, and get the spiral minaret, the library, and the sistine chapel.

I advocate playing the extremes for the value in learning.

I also advocate doing the exact opposite of what good, knowledgable posters suggest...there are valuable lessons there.

I am not handing out fish, I am trying to teach fishing.

Also, in breaking news, Civ players are second only to chess players in how seriously they take themselves.
                Thanks Norselord

I got the learning from misstakes down pat

GT

Comment

GT, IMHO tell someone to do,or not to do, something is not the most useful help; instead better to say what something can do, for the player to decide.
                  I shall try. Religion:
                  1) Religion present in city - allows to build religious buildings;
                  2) Religion founded in city - allows GProphet to build shrine;
                  3) Shrine - +1 gold from each city with said religion present; also easier to auomatic expansion of religion to connected cities with no religion;
                  4) State religion - +1 happiness for cities with said religion present;
                  5) Temple - +1 hapiness and culture;
                  6) Cathedral - hapiness if state religion and culture;
                  7) Free religion - +1 hapiness for each religion present in city.
                  State religion can have a powerful impact, both good and bad, in diplomacy.
                  The only bad impact a present religion can have is allowing another civ to win a religious victory.
                  And,from memory, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by fed1943 View Post
                    The only bad impact a present religion can have is allowing another civ to win a religious victory.
                    That's not quite true. If you have a religion, another civ can request you to change to it, resulting in a -1 to relations when you refuse.

Comment

Originally posted by fed1943 View Post
                      GT, IMHO tell someone to do,or not to do, something is not the most useful help; instead better to say what something can do, for the player to decide.
                      I shall try. Religion:
                      1) Religion present in city - allows to build religious buildings;
                      2) Religion founded in city - allows GProphet to build shrine;
                      3) Shrine - +1 gold from each city with said religion present; also easier to auomatic expansion of religion to connected cities with no religion;
                      4) State religion - +1 happiness for cities with said religion present;
                      5) Temple - +1 hapiness and culture;
                      6) Cathedral - hapiness if state religion and culture;
                      7) Free religion - +1 hapiness for each religion present in city.
                      State religion can have a powerful impact, both good and bad, in diplomacy.
                      And,from memory, that's all.
                      Thanks, good points

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11 View Post
                        That's not quite true. If you have a religion, another civ can request you to change to it, resulting in a -1 to relations when you refuse.
                        Not to mention the extra unhappiness from going to war with a civ that shares your religion.
                        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                        X