Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogpile!

OCC, Ghandi, small Pangea.

Repelled a couple of waves from Ragnar (far west) who had recently been at war with Theo (West, Annoyed). Then in one turn Theo, Mehmed (South, Friendly) and Toku (East, Pleased) all declare war in 1470AD.

Of course, DOWs are to be expected with the substantially weaker military I had, and I had been a bit dangerously greedy with civil builds for sometime before, but I was curious about the 3 simultaneous DOWs, assuming that someone had brought the others in.

Checking the precious turn (attached), Ragnar had no money at all, and Theo is everyone's worst enemy. This would leave my co-religionists Mehmed, who despite being friendly (meaning nothing of course with a big power gap) had attacked me before, and Toku, who obviously needs no excuses.

However, no techs changed hands, and the oddest thing is that some 900g appeared from nowhere amongst the collective treasuries of all the opponents. Theo made 450g. No logged event suggested that all they all stood to gain a few hundred gold by attacking some schmuck next turn, no wonders were announced, and I can't see how maxing gold would yield that much at this stage.

So, where did the gold come from? And does this oddity have anything to do with the other rare item of everyone doing a unilateral DOW spontaneously on the same turn? Can anyone explain this game mechanic?

(Anyone fancying an defensive exercise might like to take on the save. My cats were depleted defending Ragnar's last assault.)
    Attached Files

If you ever look into a AI city with espionage, you'll see that that the gold listed as generated/turn is often a lot more than what they show in the trade screen. So it's possible that they pumped a lot into $$ the turn before.

Also it's possible that they had more than one city work on a national wonder and got money when it was completed elsewhere.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

He said no WOWs were announced...
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

national wonders don't get announced.
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I wasn't aware that it was possible for more than one city to work on a national wonder, and hence to get cash-back. Even so, for three or four civs to have got between 200 and 450 gold each on one turn in the first half of the game stretches the probability of this, I'd have thought.

Comment

IF a city starts building any wonder, then quits and removes it from the queue, the shields are still there but another city can start building that same wonder. When either is done the incomplete city gets $$.

I admit it's a stretch, but I'm not privy to what goes on in AI build queues, so maybe combined with a high % in gold production the previous turn it's possible.

Comment

Working...
            X