BtS and Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BtS and Windows 7

Has anyone had any "compatability" issues running Civ IV and BtS with Windows 7?

I got an error message today when I went to play BtS for the firs time while running windows 7 that basically said: "Your computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements, options have been reduced to increase stability, but you may still have performance issues."

Anyone know if there is a patch in the works to help BtS Recognoize Windows 7?

I have exactely the same on my machine which runs vista. Never had any problems and never saw the error message again. I think it must be a glitch or something.
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Im running WINDOWS 7 on an ASUS Gaming Laptop, top of the line a month and a half ago, got a message I was below specs but runs like a champ

I have played a MASSIVE game with 10 AI and tons of units and not the first CTD
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I was able to get BtS to run on a Windows 7 machine over this past weekend, but it's a new computer with only this OS ever installed on it.

How is the game's performance? Depending upon the nature of the difficulty, you could try e.g. lowering the graphics quality (from High to Medium, even Low).
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I got the same message, but it runs fine. It's an old game, and it might not know how to talk to 7.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I haven't had the problem pop back up, so I am leaning towards the idea that the issue is it just doesn't recognize the OS, and there is something coded into Windows 7, that makes it look like a much older version of Windows.

So far the game runs great, nothing out of the ordinary performace wise.

Comment

Working...
            X