[BTS]Question on Battle Formations Modern Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BTS]Question on Battle Formations Modern Era

I have 28 cities on a massive continent, great production and am fixin to get busy against 10 AI, hopefully one at a timme.

I normally dont use Modern Artillery, but was wondering if its worth it versus just using Modern Armor and Modern Infantry en masse?

I have recently deployed Mobile SAM's (the unit that looks like the Patriot Missiles), is this a waste or would you folks say its good once you acquire a city to put some units such as this to help hold against re acquiring by AI?

Thanks all for any sound advice as I am trying to learn a better way from experts!

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Really depends on the strength of your opponent and alternatives you can use. Aircraft can bombard city defences and weaken defenders just as artillery do. If cities are well defended with SAM's and fighters, you will suffer losses with aircraft, so mobile artillery advancing in tandem with Mech Infantry, Modern Armour, Mobile Sams for defence against aircraft etc is the way to go. With coastal cities use Missile Cruisers etc to bombard city. If opponent is technologically behind and defending with nothing better than infantry then I would advance with little more than city raider modern Armour as they will generally survive and will take cities quickly.

Comment

I often find that use of air power against AI cities is blunted by Bunkers. Bring along that mobile artillery!

Comment

Is there time to take on 8 AIs in the modern era?

Comment

Depends mostly on difficulty setting, game speed, and size of map. Sounds like a pretty big map though, if he has 28 cities.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
            Is there time to take on 8 AIs in the modern era?
            Let me clarify, I meant Modern as Modern and beyond vs ancient, or Industrial battles.

I was referring to using anything from Tanks to Modern Tanks and all associated units versus say Cats and Archers

GT

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
              Depends mostly on difficulty setting, game speed, and size of map. Sounds like a pretty big map though, if he has 28 cities.
              Yes

Largest map available

Comment

Working...
              X