Help applying 3.19 patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help applying 3.19 patch

The game is installed and runs fine (patch 3.17) from the C: drive. I'm not at all understanding why the patch wants to go to D: (btw D: is an optical drive)
    Attached Files

Run the program in administrator mode.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yep, you need to 1) uninstall the game 2) install the game making sure you are in admin mod 3) apply patches in admin mod 3) add first expansion in admin mod along with patches for 1st expansion 4) apply second expansion along with patches.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
        Run the program in administrator mode.
        I'm running win XP home. I believe the problem you may be refering to concerns those with windows 7. There is no option to "run as admin" on XP. I am the adminstrator for the computer.

The problem lies in that the patch is looking for the installation of BTS on D:\ and there is no D:\

Maybe somewhere in my installation/program files of BTS there's a finger pointed at D:\ Does anyone know where that may be?

Comment

/sigh

Comment

Well, there's this thing called "Search" that is a pretty prominent feature right there in each XP window, that allows a text search of all files in a folder. Try it using "D:".

Comment

Shouldn't you be able to modify the folder it seeks during setup? Maybe disabling autoplay and doing a manual install.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Are you doing the auto update from within the game?

If you are, try doing it differently. Download the patch to your machine, and then install it instead of doing the auto update.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Is the patch installer on a cd? if so try copying it to your C: drive and running it from there.

If not then I'd guess Windows thinks the game is installed on drive D: (to change this you'd need to reinstall from scratch or poke around in the system registry).
                  I wouldn't advise poking around in the system registry unless you are comfortable with it, but it may be worth searching in there for 'civilization' and seeing where it thinks things are

Comment

Working...
                  X