AI is a pretty cool guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI is a pretty cool guy

Some time ago I was playing a Prince game (No Tech Brokering, No Vassals, Random Religions, All win scenarios except culture and Time) on a five continent map with all other map specifications to random. Just as I discover the final 12th civilization (minus the barbarian remains of India) I find Salidan glaring at me.

Apparently he had teched straight for theocracy, and promptly switched to it, before a single religion had come to his backwater island.

The theocratic agnostic state tickled me enough to start this thread. Purpose; sharing ridiculously stupid and humorous things we have seen the AI do in our time.

Or course, other then attacking with pure siege engine stacks.

Or course, other then attacking with pure siege engine stacks.
    Yes... the true classic. Nothing funnier than watch 9 cats off load ships next to a city on an island with no other units

In trading for resources, the AI can also be really stupid. I love how they will give pretty much however much money they generate per turn for a resource. Nothing better than finding an AI making 20 gold a turn, and then gving them a pig for it
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ooo, I never knew that. You just bolstered my games economies

Especially when you start off with four or five duplicates of the same resource nearby.

Comment

Better yet... if you have an extra copper, and they already have iron so copper isn't really going to help them that much unless it's to speed up a wonder production, they will still trade for it like it's god gift to man. They will give you all their available gold per turn, and pretty much all the non strategic resources they have extra of
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

My favorite is when the Romans are your neighbors and they have no iron and the screen opens up. How about a clam for one of your irons?
          YEAH, like that's going to happen.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think I've done that ONCE. It was something like a case where there was bigger rival and the religions were different. I figured I could escalate tensions and then let the inevitable happen. Don't recall the outcome though.

Comment

Yes, the situation would have to be quite special before I would consider it. I do vaguely remember giving the mongols horses once. I also don't remember the outcome, but then I don't usually remember games that ended quickly.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
              X