WIN & & Direct X 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIN & & Direct X 10

Old XP computer crashed and bought new one with Win 7 & Direct X 10. I tried to load CIV 4 and it stated that I did not have direct X loaded and it was asking to load. I stopped because I was concerned it would put Direct X 9 on and possibly change the WIN 7 graphics environment. Does any one know if my concern is valid and if there is a patch or utility whatever to get this loaded? I also have Beyond the Sword & probably will have same issue with it.

Thanks for any response.

if i remember correctly, it installs directx 9 or higher, if 9 it will update itself. you'll be fine, but just in case, back up your system prior if you have doubts, that way if it does what you dont want it too you can just restore your computer to its previous settings, goodluck and enjoy civ4

Comment

Hi Guys.
      I am not understanding why this problem is incurred.
      In Windows 7, DX 10 is already installed. There is some other problem regarding graphics or installation of Windows 7 is might be corrupted.

Comment

Originally posted by alandandrew View Post
        Hi Guys.
        I am not understanding why this problem is incurred.
        In Windows 7, DX 10 is already installed. There is some other problem regarding graphics or installation of Windows 7 is might be corrupted.
        even in the manual, if the installation prompts to install directx to just let it, it should install correctly after that, thats what the manual says, i hope it works for you, goodluck.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give it a try after setting a restore point. I also believe that if I have something higher than 9, it will be okay. It just worried me that it said I had no Direct X installed which made me believe it would install over it.

Thanks for all of the replies.

Comment

Working...
          X