Can't finish space race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't finish space race

Playing Civ IV rev 1.61 on a Mac, single player ... I just lost a game because I couldn't finish building my space ship. I had everything I needed except the fifth SS Casing, and it would not show up as a build option in any of my cities. So I played out the game to the end, and years later (11 years from the end), Hatshepsut finished her spaceship and one the game.

Did I run into a bug, or is there some situation that can happen where you can lose the ability to build SS parts?

Thanks.

The only thing that comes to mind is that you had it in a build queue in one city and later replaced that with something else, for the rest of the game. Which seems unlikely.

May have something to do with 1.61 rev... switch to 3.19 BtS.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

if you goto civfanatics.com they have a link to buy civ4 complete which has all expansion packs warlords, bts, and colonization then update bts to 3.19, the discount is huge, its like $18 or less for the whole thing compared to $39.99 at stores.

as far as you not being able to build your last space ship part, theres two things i can think of, first like Theben said it was in one of your cities build queue and you forgot about it (we all have done that at least once, maybe not with a space part but with something) or you lost your aluminum resource (i could be wrong, i havent made it too space race in awhile, i think you need aluminum to even build them but if im wrong then its the first reason or a possible bug but i doubt it, i played civ4 vanilla (1.61) for a long time), goodluck. id strongly suggest buying civ4 complete bts is much better and a big improvement from vanilla.

Comment

Possibly a resource that was needed is no longer available for some reason.
        Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
        http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Boracks View Post
          Possibly a resource that was needed is no longer available for some reason.
          the only resource i can think of for space parts would be aluminum, say if your source of aluminum got bombed or you were trading for it but the trade was canceled then you would lose your source of aluminum, did you lose your aluminum prior too trying to build the last space part Neil Faiman?

Comment

Aluminum isn't required, it just gives +100% production to certain parts.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
              Aluminum isn't required, it just gives +100% production to certain parts.
              i thought the same but its been awhile since ive done the space race, in that case it must've been in one of his cities build queue's.

Comment

Working...
              X