No announcement yet.

Old dog learns new tricks, or MP warfare in the Nuclear Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could win every time i played too at prince, not like it's hard... So cool it with that lil attitude brandlsjhlkdlkj8... Hard to take your claims seriosly with that grammar... by the way i been drinkin...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Originally posted by Hauptman View Post
      I could win every time i played too at prince, not like it's hard... So cool it with that lil attitude brandlsjhlkdlkj8... Hard to take your claims seriosly with that grammar... by the way i been drinkin...
      what?

im not trying to showboat nor am i saying im the best, im just saying im very good and the strategies ive found along the way work wonders for my playing style.

if you think im giving attitude then so be it, in the end i really dont care, people will draw their own conclusions and think what they want. these forums are here for discussions and advice, im entitled to help too not just you, deal with it.

Comment

And you have to deal with the fact that the majority of people, many who are playing at far higher levels, are trying to give you advice that will help you when you decide to have a real challenge and play at higher levels than prince
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
          And you have to deal with the fact that the majority of people, many who are playing at far higher levels, are trying to give you advice that will help you when you decide to have a real challenge and play at higher levels than prince
          i accept that but dont think that playing on emperor or higher makes you a better player than people who play on prince, if i really wanted too i could play on deity and just give us our own continents and try to oust'd them in the space race or whatever, im taking my time and i play marathon so games tend to last for 2 or more weeks and im in no rush, i started on chieftan my very first game for vanilla civ4 and played noble after that, now im on prince last two games and in a few more i'll continue to go up levels, probably will take a few months or so, i dont play this game everyday or all day. and pay attention to the words you choose to use and how you say them, if your just giving advice then dont do so knocking down ones ideas, just say i did this and this happened and of that nature, if and when you dont agree with ones ideas try to see it through their pov and respect that and you will receive the same.

Comment

i accept that but dont think that playing on emperor or higher makes you a better player than people who play on prince, if i really wanted too i could play on deity and just give us our own continents and try to oust'd them in the space race or whatever,
            Feel free to do so... and play with "locked assests"... and then post your progress... the actual saved game files... I'm sure you would find it more challenging than Prince... I'm sure it would be interesting
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Feel free to do so... and play with "locked assests"... and then post your progress... the actual saved game files... I'm sure you would find it more challenging than Prince... I'm sure it would be interesting
              i know it would, with the AI building units alot faster my GNP wont be as high and depending on other options i may not be able to build infrastructure right away but i know i will win more than lose, im good enough to do that, in time i will reach your level of difficulty and i'll post my crossover data when that comes. i havent cheated using the WB for units since i first started playing, lol. i do however change the map at times like changing all the deserts into plains in the whole map, i dont give myself "goodies" or anything like that, just simple stuff like no deserts, its an advantage for all since we have more workable space and its kinda in the AI's favor since they tend to expand faster than me early in the game since i wont kill my science, lol.

and changing deserts to plains really aint cheating since it benefits all, i like the actual earth map and they have no deserts or tundra lol, but N.A. is really small yet its the 3rd largest continent square mileage wise, N.A. should be alittle smaller than africa but it doesnt seem that way, i wonder if there any saved maps we could load then use while controlling the options in-game before starting too, hmmm.

Comment

then go ahead and do it... show us how your "strategy" works on Deity. Don't rig the map, or make any changes... Show us how good you are instead of crowing how brilliant you are at prince level. Prove your "defensive strategy" can work on the higher levels... or just agree to play in a MP game.
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

then go ahead and do it... show us how your "strategy" works on Deity. Don't rig the map, or make any changes... Show us how good you are instead of crowing how brilliant you are at prince level. Prove your "defensive strategy" can work on the higher levels... or just agree to play in a MP game.
                  you havent heard a single thing ive said, oh well ive got nothing to prove to you.

Comment

you havent heard a single thing ive said, oh well ive got nothing to prove to you.
                    The problem is, I read every word you post

And you should be proving stuff to yourself by playing a challenge, not a push over
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

Back to the game...

We're at endgame as he launched his spaceship. It's complete minus 1 thruster, which IIRC slows him down by 20% so I'm thinking 12 turns(?). That was 2 turns ago and my 2 cities are on track to legendary status 2 turns before that.

I've been rebuilding my fleet like crazy and so did he somewhat. Tbh I'm not sure what he's been building since I don't see a lot of new units . I know he's been sending tons of spies my way but most get caught quickly. I just DoWed him again (why not?) and had positioned my ships to maximum advantage... and my Athenian navy gave me a strong advantage. In fact every attack but 1 was to my advantage and in the end I sank 27 of his ships while losing only ONE. Also lost 2 bombers but managed to take out one of his jet fighters. Also have positioned a small fleet to burn 2 more of his cities next turn on other side of his continent.

Btw it appears that tac nukes don't count wrt SDI... upon further reading of the game files it states nukes are ICBMs. Didn't know that and don't think he did either or he might have had more regular subs out and about. Or maybe he does have them squirreled away somewhere. Guess I'll find out.

Also found a bug in 3.19- don't know if it's new- but if you destroy a spaceship part on the same turn it was built the game crashes in the spaceship view screen as it attempts to put on the part but fails. Might be just PBEM.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Please update us in 10 turns. I'm really interested to see if you stealth the culture victory.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by brandonjm8 View Post
                          and changing deserts to plains really aint cheating since it benefits all
                          There are mapscripts such as SmartMap which allow you fine control over a ton of things. For example you can change the desert, mountain, or tundra % to 0% if you want.

Comment

I just noticed how stealthy Stealth Destroyers really are. He's blockading several of my ports and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it. Should've RTFM.

Please update us in 10 turns. I'm really interested to see if you stealth the culture victory.

My last Great Person I got was a Great Artist. So while it says my 3rd city is 13 turns away from Legendary, it's really only 2. Other city is 4 turns. I figure at least 6-8 turns for his spaceship to land.

The only way for him to win is either invade and destroy one of those cities (now impossible since his fleet is at the bottom of the ocean) or drop multiple nukes on one of the other 2 in order to destroy their cultural buildings. That's still possible as our SDIs aren't running at optimal capacity: mine's got a 60% success rating and his is 25%.

Oh, and they do work vs. tac nukes. At least sometimes.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
                              I just noticed how stealthy Stealth Destroyers really are. He's blockading several of my ports and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it. Should've RTFM.

My last Great Person I got was a Great Artist. So while it says my 3rd city is 13 turns away from Legendary, it's really only 2. Other city is 4 turns. I figure at least 6-8 turns for his spaceship to land.

The only way for him to win is either invade and destroy one of those cities (now impossible since his fleet is at the bottom of the ocean) or drop multiple nukes on one of the other 2 in order to destroy their cultural buildings. That's still possible as our SDIs aren't running at optimal capacity: mine's got a 60% success rating and his is 25%.

Oh, and they do work vs. tac nukes. At least sometimes.
                              tactical nukes have a 50% evasion chance which is why SDI doesnt always help with them.

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11 View Post
                                There are mapscripts such as SmartMap which allow you fine control over a ton of things. For example you can change the desert, mountain, or tundra % to 0% if you want.
                                im going to look into this but just in case i dont find it, can you tell me where to find "smartmap"? thx. im not a programmer so laymans terms would be best.

edit: i found out how to change deserts and plains and tundra and snow(?, do they mean ice?) but i looked through the file some more and didnt see anything for flood plains or % of mountains either, where would i find the "terrain generators" for those? thx for the help.
                                Last edited by brandonjm8; December 29, 2009, 22:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X