No announcement yet.

Old dog learns new tricks, or MP warfare in the Nuclear Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It reallly sounds like you guys are having fun... It's a good thing he doesn't read these forums
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, it is... although when he sent me his file today he added, "you know that one of our peon vassals is going to win the space race"...
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I assume you can sabotage vassals space ship parts? I usually play no vassals so I've never tried.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm sure you can... but we've poured almost all of our pts into fighting each other that we (well, me) have only a few against the AIs.

Btw, playing a solo game today I noticed something. I had switched to Org Rel but forgot to switch my religion. Later looking at my cities they could build missionaries and all religions generated even though I still had no state religion. No hammer bonus for buildings, tho.
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Hmm organized religion means no monasteries needed to build missionaries so that makes sense. And it's been mentioned that before you upgrade your religious civic early that all every religion generated culture, so nothing new here
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You can build the UN and outlaw nukes.

Comment

ditto on that, i try to build the U.N. before fission for that reason.

Comment

It's much better to just win the game before anybody else gets fission
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                    It's much better to just win the game before anybody else gets fission
                    easier said then done sometimes

Comment

Maybe if you spent more time on offense than defense....
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                        Maybe if you spent more time on offense than defense....
                        im pretty sure i win alot more than you, you've been beaten many times havent you? im sure you have. ive played civ for over 14 years plus, ive never ever ever ever ever been wiped out, and ive only lost once in civ2, twice in civ4. oh and all those games on civ2 about 500 or so i played were all on "deity", im not lying. having a 95%+ winning percentage must mean im doing something right, yes i play on prince for bts but if you want i can tell you in the future how many times i win/lose on higher levels, i betcha it wont change much. not everyone is a barbarian like you ming, thats why this game rocks, OPTIONS OPTIONS OPTIONS, if you want to kill people play shooter games, but dont knock on anyone elses strategies unless you want them to do the same. even you ming have your weaknesses as i do too, we are all human.

oh yeah, i also stated this another thread but will say it here too, try playing more realistically instead of basing your game plans on only pangea maps, your strategies wouldnt work on say a more realistic approach such as "continents" or "actual earth", before you respond do this prior, play on custom continents huge map 10-12 civs on 6 continents, tell us how you do.

Comment

Winning on deity in Civ2 is nothing to brag about... try Deity-plus at "Barbarian Swarm" levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
                            Winning on deity in Civ2 is nothing to brag about... try Deity-plus at "Barbarian Swarm" levels.
                            i had barbarians set at maximum too on civ2, everything hard and i still won every time except once, but this was for ps1 civ2 version. not quite as hard as bts civ4 version. but raging barbarians actually help out the human players cuz we can strategize for that better than the AI, more often than not they only wipe out other AI's and slow the human down, thats a benefit for the human player having barbarians wipe out the AI for you. if i play with barbarians its only on normal, even with aggressive AI that too is an advantage for the player cuz it seems everyone here says the AI only builds units and not so much on wonders/buildings so they dont reach their full potential thus less challenging, allowing the AI to grow out like us makes the game harder in many ways, i know people wont agree but thats my pov, and as always just my opinion

Comment

Civ 2 was so easy at Deity level, that we came up with the one city challenge. I remember nobody thought it could be done. We were wrong

It's nice to see they have incorporated that option in Civ IV
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by brandonjm8 View Post
                                i had barbarians set at maximum too on civ2, everything hard and i still won every time except once, but this was for ps1 civ2 version. not quite as hard as bts civ4 version. but raging barbarians actually help out the human players...
                                Barb Swarm was higher than Raging Barbs in Civ2.

But you may be correct that low barb activity helps the AI. For a lark I played a few games with barbs, events, tech trading, and huts off, and balanced resources. The AI expanded very quickly... Shaka in particular.

Comment

Working...
                                X