Old dog learns new tricks, or MP warfare in the Nuclear Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah View Post
    I knew it gave the culture if you're pagan, but does it give you the organized religion production bonus in every city if you're Pagan also?
    nope, you need to adopt org religion to get that production bonus when building infrustructure, which is why i adopt it asap and either spread my religion or build up for the coming SoD. i wont switch to free religion til i get factories/coal plants for that reason, the production bonus really helps.

Comment

rah, "paganism" (i.e., no state religion) is not a recognized religion in civ. Therefore, Org. Rel. civic will not help any with it.

Comment

That's what I thought but the way you stated your other post made me think to ask to verify.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

just had an idea. Since I have the Super Jesus wonder maybe I can force 2 turns of civ-wide anarchy by using spies to force a civic change. I'll try it and report back. If it works it could be a game breaker, since the ESP cost is so cheap.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Of course the dope hs to send me a file 1st.
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
              just had an idea. Since I have the Super Jesus wonder maybe I can force 2 turns of civ-wide anarchy by using spies to force a civic change. I'll try it and report back. If it works it could be a game breaker, since the ESP cost is so cheap.
              super jesus wonder? whats that?
              AP?

Comment

Originally posted by brandonjm8 View Post
                super jesus wonder? whats that?
                AP?
                Nahh...
                He means the Christo Redentor, the late game wonder that allows you to switch civics with no anarchy.

I will also assume from his comments that his buddy isn't "spiritual"
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

gotcha, i built it once awesome min wait times and no anarchy. but you can force other civs into anarchy? i know you can try to get them to change civics diplomatically but force?

Comment

You can use spies to "persuade" a civic change of one of his civics to one of yours... i.e., if you have State Property and he's running Free Market you can make him switch to SP. I guess the original idea was that once all their civics matched yours you couldn't use it again until you switched and had anarchy of your own. But with Cristo Redentor you don't suffer anarchy and can switch every turn. Theoretically you could force 2 turns of anarchy on someone every 5 turns (depending on game speed and empire size) while suffering but 1 turn of being in an undesired civic.

I know it can be done, what I don't know is if this method allows the switching civ to avoid anarchy to stop such abuse.

And yes he's not Spiritual.

Comment

Please let us know the results since I've never tried that espionage trick.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So far the result is my spy was caught. Will try again with 2 more.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

Yeah, let us know how it goes the next time
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
                            So far the result is my spy was caught. Will try again with 2 more.
                            What type of success percentage was it showing?
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

42% last turn, before he counter-oped me. This turn it was 31%... and that was with a 2-turn wait.

I didn't check but different civics might have different success rates.

Comment

If you can, use your first successful mission to force him to convert to your religion. Having the same religion increases the success rate.
                                Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
                                http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X