Game of the Now: episode one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two reasons that most likely to cause me to cheat:
    1) Barb boats which destroy all my work boats. This is especially painful if I don't have a high production coastal city which can replace them in less then 50 turns, say. If I see any barb boats around, I erase them with the WB.
    2) The random events which happen very early in the game and destroy the few buildings I have (once I had the library destroyed right after I built it). It's like WTF, should I quit the game since I will surely lose or should I cheat ?
    That's why I usually play with no barbs (or at least without raging barbs). I don't know how to turn off the random events. The GOTMs have them turned off so there must be a way to do it somewhere.
    BTW, just won my first Immortal game yesterday, score was almost 250K, not my highest score ever but highest for Epic speed. I get better score at Marathon speed since it favors early rushing.

Comment

In custom games there's a check box for no random events.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

BAH. beaten out by one turn for the spaceship.
        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Wow, I always find it amazing when after so many turns, it can be so close.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i'll post a few saves later, i don't want to provide any spoilers.

Comment

I loaded it up and played about 120 turns last night.
              I thought I was doing fine till I remembered that tech trading was enabled.
              So instead of putting my effort into eliminating the french I should have put that effort into making them my tech trading beatch.
              I got scouts from 3 out of my first 4 huts. Not very useful. So much so that when a bear chewied one of them, I just laughed.
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Wasn't there a thing where the AI wouldn't trade with you if you were the only CIV they knew of? I assumed that was still the case and finished off the French. They had lousy tech anyway.
                Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

i didn't finish off the french until the maceman/musketman crossover.

Comment

I took metal working with the oracle and rushed to crossbows to do the trick.
                    Took Paris, and didn't get a single building. Crappy Frenchmen.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Me too, but my tech was going so well but low enough production that I had Macemen by the time I had enough cats. I only kept 2 cities, razed the rest cause they put them in dumb spots. I don't normally do that cause it's a waste, but I am isolated so what the hell!
                      Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Crossbow against archers, I didn't need more that a couple of cats. For every city but Paris, I didn't even bother taking down the defenses.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I still took the defenses down. I am used to playing with Agg AI on, so it was easier than expected, I probably could have done it earlier.

I am also not a big fan of crossbows, I tend to just build a couple as a stack defender.

Comment

Since I knew I could control all the metal on the island. (he snuck in one of the irons but as soon as he connected it, I declared war and pillaged it so he only was able to build 2 axeman) I figured I could get to crossbowman before he got to longbows, especially after using the oracle for metalworking . (and I was right)
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

yeah. i wasn't so lucky, rah. i'm also not really used to playing on prince. i didn't raze any cities in france, though i did have to raze thebes to prevent ramses from winning a cultural victory.

Comment

Razed his 2nd city w/ 2 warriors and killed a 3rd warrior wandering near my cap. Took Paris with a warrior and a Holkan on turn 65; it only had 1 archer.
                                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                                X