Game of the Now: episode one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of the Now: episode one.

i originally wanted to do this in three tiers: warlord, prince, and emperor, but i'm wholly ignorant on how to set up such a thing. the idea is that we all play a game, take notes, and compare how our games went after a preset time period, say a week or two.

now on to the settings:

Difficulty: Prince
    Civilization: Mayan
    Shape: Continents
    Size: Normal
    Climate: Temperate
    Sea Level: Medium

No Tech Brokering
    No Vassal States

consequently, if someone could show me how to set up a simple scenario so that we can all choose a difficulty that is appropriate to our skill level using the same civ and map that would be awesome. we'll start with a two week time limit, making games due on the nineteenth of December.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

so, uh, who's playing this besides me?

Comment

I guess I could. I didn't see it the 1st time around.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

If I get some time this weekend.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

so far it's been a very interesting game for me. what about the other four people who are playing?

Comment

It's been interesting. I haven't played a normal speed game for a long time. Feels like tech is way fast and production sucks.

When you create a game is there any way to lock access to the World Builder? I can't help myself and peek sometimes
            Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader View Post
              When you create a game is there any way to lock access to the World Builder? I can't help myself and peek sometimes
              Yes... in the custom options menu, you can select "lock modified assest". This locks out WB. It is a perfect option for those that just can't help themselves I used to play practice games in MP mode to accomplish the same purpose, but the "LMA" option works and is a great way to keep yourself honest
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I should start using that. I usually use "New random seed" too. I should stop that as well
                Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Yeah... that would remove any "temptation"

But then again, it's all about what kind of "fun" you want to have. Unless you are playing for records, tournaments, or some other type of competition, what difference does it make. It's all about fun, and the custom options allow you to set up the game pretty much anyway you would like.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

I have fun both ways. I had a LAN MP game with a friend where I had a horrible start, with a random Civ (Alexander) who I wouldn't normally play. But I fought hard and won.

But I also like checking to see if I am going to get screwed by the map resources, and playing a more orderly planned game. I have been getting to reliant on the WB though. Next game, I'll lock everything out!

Comment

Yeah, I always played with no new seed so I couldn't reset combats that I lost, but when I'd lose a GG unit i'd go back and do the combats in a different order. So I'll fake mp games so It's harder to do that. hahahahaha
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I lost my GG healer in that MP alexander game at 99+ odds. No way I'd let that stand in a SP game!

Comment

I'm more philosophical about those types of things now. Especially after my last game where I lost 8 combats in a row that were over 75%. Quite annoying but it happens.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I used to do some resetting when things didn't go my way, but that's not something I can do in MP, so I've stopped doing it so I don't pick up any bad habits. But there are a few times in MP games where I would love WB to be active
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

When I first played CIV II I used to reset until I started playing a lot of MP
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X