No announcement yet.

BTS > Noobie Question?: Saving Replays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTS > Noobie Question?: Saving Replays?

Ok I am not sure if this was asked before or if this is in the right thread or not, but I have a small question on the Beyond the Sword Civ4 Games.

A: Is there a way to save replays in single player?

1st person that answers correctly will get the following:

1) 500 for 50 turns.

and..

2) A unique super unit with 90 10

and you will also get:

3) A unique super world wonder that gives you 50,000 and 50,000

Hmmm... no links so it may be a real person.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

And if you mean save the replay at the end of the game, yes. It's called "save the game the turn before you win."
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Hmmm... no links so it may be a real person.

What in the world are you talking about? My second comment was a joke. Is it that hard to notice?

And if you mean save the replay at the end of the game, yes. It's called "save the game the turn before you win."

So you confused me there. So in order to watch a replay, I have got to save the game correct?

EDIT: Well If you are talking about a "Replay Game" save only at the end of the game... well I have hit the retire button and got no auto-matic replay game save and have no option to save a replay. So I am not sure what is up with that unless the game has to entirely end without hitting the retire button.

This is for single player. Not Multiplayer. I am trying to figure out how to save a "Replay" to watch at a later time so I can learn from my mistakes against the computer.
        Last edited by CivFanForever; December 3, 2009, 22:05.

Comment

The only REPLAY option just shows you an overview of the culture borders and the events that happen every turn so I don't think it does what you want.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah I understand now. Thank You.

I was hoping by the looks of a Replay Folder they would have worked in a replay system to where you can re-watch previous games to see what you messed up on. But anyways. Thank You.

I guess that type of feature would be hard to make in a game like this.

Comment

I would like to see an automate mode where anytime during the game you can hit the auto option and watch the game from your civ's point of view automated. Granted the AI might not finish the game as well as yourself but it could be nice when you know you're 99% sure of winning but it's getting tedious. You're far enough ahead that even the AI can't screw it up.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I guess you kind of don't need a replay feature if you tend to play a lot of games because you can basically watch the computers every move by opening up the foreign advisory window.

Comment

Originally posted by CivFanForever View Post
                  I guess you kind of don't need a replay feature if you tend to play a lot of games because you can basically watch the computers every move by opening up the foreign advisory window.
                  trial and error is the best way to learn, also if you save alot like every 5 turns, hard saves not auto saves, if you make a mistake you could go back or you could try many different things at one time and see what each path leads you too. just a thought and goodluck.

p.s. if there was a replay whole game option i dont think i would take the whole time to watch it, lol. most of my wins are space and/or diplo wins and i put 20-40 hours into them, it be like watching a very very very long movie, lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X