No announcement yet.

Religious Leader Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AP can be a major pain in the butt, so I tend to raze AP cities.

But in the countless games I played, I have yet to see AI scoring a diplo-victory.

Comment

in my current game if they ever spread their religion to me then that city is being razed, its right next to my continent and now ive got factories and coal plants and they arent even close but they got air units and im about 11-14 turns from getting fighters, but i have infrantry and calvalry while they still have rifleman and knights, the only one close enough to me with air units fears me and since i changed to free religion cuz i have factories now he wont become my vassal but he may be first to go down but saladin's pissin me off and i have two strong allies so i'll see.

Comment

This is a special case since the game starts in the Renaissance period and each civ pretty much owns his specific religion. All the other civs just get a few cities with other religions if they're not adopting Theocracy. The fact that the two continents are very far apart does not help the spreading of religions either. It takes 9 turns for my transport to go from the nearest point to reach India, for example.
        Anyway, in that GOTM game, I found that two civs had Theocracy so I could not win by being a religious leader. So I went ahead and won by domination with the score of 18+K. The ranking was Caesar which was nice but the score was very low comparing to my usual SP games where I pick the civs/leaders and starting locations (and no barbs to harass me in the early game) . My average score is over 200K. But the Buffy mod was really nice to play with and the GOTM game was challenging but reasonable.
        Anyway, I started my first Immortal game and it was tough with the Mongolian attacking me in the North and Ottoman in the South very early when I just got to 3 cities (the game started in the Renaissance with 2 settlers so I actually just had only one settle out to build another city before both of them attacked because I was too close to both of them). Between quitting the game early and cheating to fend off the way too early concerted attacks, I cheated by giving me enough troops to keep them from taking my few starting cities . If all immortal games start out like this then I don't think I can ever play that level without serious cheating. I didn't build a single wonder either, just a few supporting buildings instead of building all troops to start with.

Comment

Working...
        X