Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical Problem

I was hoping someone could help me out.

I have a very recent pc, I run other high demanding games no problem ion it (Call of Duty, Hearts of Iron III, Tropico III, etc) but whenever I play civ, both mp and sp, it will always crash at some point.

In mp, usually later in game, but at least I can rejoin quickly.

In sp, also usually about 100 tuns in or later, but then it's VERY frustrating to lose all my progress and start from last save.

Any advice? I'm not running things while playing so no that's not it.

Is there a auto-save feature or something?

Help!

First... there is an auto save feature unless somehow you managed to turn it off. If you go into the save folders, there is one labeled Auto in the SP folder and then Save folder. The Auto save feature saves every few turns. I think you can set it to save everyturn, but I'm not sure since I've never made any changes for the auto save option.

You might also want to go into the game options menu and tone down the graphics. I have an old laptop that can run the game at the lowest graphic settings with all the animation and movies turned off. It couldn't run the game at higher settings. And after 4 or 5 hours, it overheats or the memory drain gets so bad, I have to reboot it. But it lasts far longer than the 100 turns you are talking about.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Do you get any sort of warning or does the whole program quit, or just kick you back to the main menu or what?
      I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

The autosave feature saves the game every 4 turns, you can access the autosaves through clicking on the '+' next to the save folder, this brings up the autosave option to reload from. The frequency of save can be altered in the civ.ini file along with many other options including fullscreen/window etc. Inadequate video or ram memory is a prime candidate for your problem although I would not expect that with a almost new computer.

Comment

ok thanks I'm going to look more into the autosave feature.

And to answer your question bobo, it just shuts down completely, no warning and yes I agree it's bizarre as my pc isn't even 1 year old and as mentioned can handle other similar games no problem.

Comment

Working...
          X