No announcement yet.

Why forts rule!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I'm cheating on my army, I may build a few castles in my cash cities. I've been told it helps on the power graph.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
      I'm not a big fan of leaving an SoD next to one of my cities for 10 or more turns. And from what I've seen, in most cases, as long as the AI has seige engins left in the stack, they will continue to take down city walls before actually attacking.
      Heck, I've seen AI SoD's of 20+ units walk up to my poorly defended city with 2-3 defenders and pound on it until the defense bonus is down to 0%. By which time I've got 15-25 defenders of my own. Had they just attacked my units 1st round and thrown their CR units at me my city would've fallen.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Yeah... I've seen that way too many times. I hope the next game/AI has the ability to see overkill, and know when to just attack instead of following a bad strategy. I know when I walk up to a poorly defended city with a huge stack, I will just sometimes lose a few units than wait the turn or two to take the city walls down. Speed is sometimes the better course of action.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Especially now that the AI has been improved enough to better work the whip.
          If you spend too many turns outside of a city, it's considerably smaller when you take it.
          And I usually have my own plan for those citizens.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
          X