Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis is "Calling all Spies!"

A message was delivered, mysterious and unclear:

"A coded message has been posted on our site. Is it a contest with fabulous prizes? Decode the message and find out!

http://www.firaxis.com/community/bts_crypto.php"
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

a g
    b h
    c i
    d j
    e k
    f l
    g m
    h n
    i o
    j p
    k q
    l r
    m s
    n t
    o u
    p v
    q w
    r x
    s y
    t z
    u a
    v b
    w c
    x d
    y e
    z f
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

****ing owned in 2 minutes.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

And now to see what it says.

Comment

First line:

Originally posted by Firaxis
          Congratulations on decyphering this message! What is this mysterious puzzle? It's a contest.
          I'm getting bored, anyone else want to do it for me? Or tell me the autometd way to do it?

Comment

http://www.secretcodebreaker.com/caesar.html for the lazy ones I actually coded a program myself
            It's a lowercase L, not an uppercase I.

Comment

Firaxis are losing thier touch. Thanks for that.

Comment

I actually decoded it without knowing about the key on before, I finished it about 5 minutes ago.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

The picture of JC was a bit too much of a giveaway. Should have just hinted in the direction of Rome or something. Though that cipher is so elementary that it's the first thing anyone thinks of anyway.

Comment

The point is Firaxis **** about alot nowadays. Perhaps I'm just pissed that it's almost 4 years since civ 4 got released and we haven't heard hide nor hair of civ 5 yet, but I'd have expected something substantial by now, not pieces of crap like this (woo, we can win copies of of civ 4 complete, autographed!)

It's just pathetic. It really is.

Comment

Erm... How exactly is it pathetic? Or is everything pathetic except announcing Civ5? Not like they have some obscure "obligation to the fanbase" about anything. Stuff like this is an acknowledgement and a nod to the fanbase more than anything IMO.

Comment

IIRC, civ 1 > 2 took 5 years, same to civ 3, then 4 years to civ 4. That's from conception to shelf. Most games nowadays are coming out faster and faster to take advantage of shorter attention spans of gamers (and selling more games helps the bottom line, something 2K really need to do, because they've made a lose every quarter save when GTA4 got released, since start of 2006, IIRC).

It's pathetic business strategy. How many people would pay good money to have civ 5 now? I'd say that's alot. And 2K need the money. So where the hell is it?

Comment

And yet no one posted the entire thing...

Here's the full text:

CONGRATULATIONS ON DECODING THIS MESSAGE! WHAT IS THIS MYSTERIOUS PUZZLE? IT'S A CONTEST!

PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO SPY AT FIRAXIS DOT COM WITH THE SUBJECT "DECODER PUZZLE" FOR A CHANCE TO WIN YOUR CHOICE OF AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY OF CIVILIZATION IV: COMPLETE, CIVILIZATION REVOLUTION (XBOX 360, PS3 OR DS VERSION), OR A CIVILIZATION REVOLUTION IPOD TOUCH COVER.

STAY CIVILIZED!

THIS SHIFT CIPHER IS ALSO KNOWN AS THE CAESAR CIPHER, SINCE CAESAR USED THIS METHOD TO COMMUNICATE WITH HIS GENERALS.
                          No news of Civ5, but at least we know they are still there...
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Wow, that's a total non-issue...
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; January 3, 2011, 01:17.
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                              X