Locating cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locating cities

I remember in earlier Civ games that you could hit CTRL-L to locate a city. Is there something similar in Civ IV? I can't seem to find it and it can be a royal pain to find cities on big maps.
    Frye: I know Big Vinnie said he was giving me the kiss of death, but I still say he was gay.
    Leela: Did he use his tongue?
    Frye: A little.
    -- Frye and Leela, Futurama, "Hell is Other Robots"

You can do your cities by F1 and clicking on the symbol for your city. For everyone else's cities, I am also curious.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Zoom out and look around. Probably the easiest way.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
        You can do your cities by F1 and clicking on the symbol for your city. For everyone else's cities, I am also curious.
        I don't think that'll bring the map to center on the city. That's what I'm looking for.
        Frye: I know Big Vinnie said he was giving me the kiss of death, but I still say he was gay.

Comment

If you're hunting for your own city, do what Blau said and then activate one of the defenders. When you exit the screen it'll be centered on the city.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
            If you're hunting for your own city, do what Blau said and then activate one of the defenders. When you exit the screen it'll be centered on the city.
            That is a good idea. I'll do that. Still miss the CTRL-L feature though.

Comment

Especially tough to find a foreign city in those civs where a lot of the cities have similar (and sometimes unprounceable based on the spelling) names. But using the cultural button on the zoomed out screen I can at least narrow the search area to the parent civ.
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Anyone know if some deep screen lets you search for cities not your own?

Comment

The espionage screen has a list with the rival civs cities, but I don't know if you can center the map on one of them using that list ( I never tried it).
                  I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                  X