Civilization 4 resolution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization 4 resolution?

Just installed Civilization 4 Complete and when I tried to run it, the actual screen resolution wasn't matching up with what the options menu said the screen resolution was supposed to be. I can only see about 2/3 of the screen and the mouse calibration seems to be off as well. I have to position the mouse to the left of what I actually want to click on. As soon as I exit the game, my computer goes back to displaying the correct resolution. What's going on?

EDIT: Just started it up again and what seems to be going on is that the vertical axis is squished while the horizontal is stretched and I can only see half of that axis. Also, all changing the screen resolution in the game seems to accomplish is reducing the size of the screen used but it's still squished and stretched. The only difference is that there's a black border around the picture which changes depending on what resolution I selected.

Nobody? That's disconcerting. It's really weird 'cause I tried vanilla Civ4 to see if that was having a problem also and it was just fine. Seems like it's just BtS.

Comment

While I didn't have the exact same problem as you, the last time I had a resolution problem, I just selected default settings, exited the game, reloaded it, and selected the resolution I wanted. It corrected the problem I was having.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Worth a shot.

Comment

That didn't work Ming. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nohbody8 View Post
            That didn't work Ming. Thanks for the suggestion though.
            There is a section for specifying custom resolutions in the .ini file. If you play BtS, in the BtS installation folder you'll find a shortcut to the .ini file - open and scan it thoroughly - you should find a section where you can specify your screen resolution - I haven't tried it myself though, so "comes with no guarantee".

Comment

That didn't work. It definitely affected the game but not in the desired way. I've resolved to play it in windowed mode. Is there a way to move the screen around by placing the cursor on the edge in windowed mode?

Comment

Working...
              X