BTS on MAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTS on MAC

I haven't posted for a while as I switched to a MAC Book and couldn't play BTS with either doing bootcamp or a virtual. However, BTS for the MAC came out last week and I got my copy on Friday. This weekend was golf, laundry and BTS. I finished three games and am happy to report that BTS works on the MAC.

I do have two problems that have probably been addressed. My tanks don't do collatteral damage, but have the upgrade available. Can anyone give me an easy fix to take the option out of the upgrade since I automatically hit it and waste an upgrade.

The second is the glance tab. I know someone posted the fix to put it back into the game, but I can't find it. Can someone either direct me to it or tell me the fix.

Thanks
    Mike

One more thing

I only got one quest per game. I remember getting many more when I had windows. Is there a way to turn the number of quests up, without giving the AI more quests. As far as I can tell they were getting 2 to my 1.

Mike

Comment

1. Collateral damage for tanks was removed in BTS, don't pick it.

2. Quests are random, I've had games I got 1, I've had games I got 5. The 5 quest game was a loss, I spent too much time doing quests. Silly bunt.

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
      http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

Originally posted by mkorin View Post
        Can anyone give me an easy fix to take the option out of the upgrade since I automatically hit it and waste an upgrade.
        Look for the CIV4PromotionInfos.xml file in the XML/Units folder, copy it over to your Custom Assets, then remove the promotion from there. It couldn't be any simpler really.

Comment

Found my notes

In case anyone else is interested, do the following to put the glance tab back on your diplomatic menu:

Edit BTS\Assets\python\screens\CVExoticForeignadvisor.p y

About three screens down look for this code:

self.ORDER_LIST = ["RELATIONS", \
          # "GLANCE", \
          "ACTIVE_TRADE", \
          "BONUS", \
          "INFO", \
          "TECH"]

self.iDefaultScreen = self.SCREEN_DICT["RELATIONS"]

Remove the # (comment mark) before the line that says Glance.

Mike

Comment

Code for removing Barrage from Tanks etc

Whilhelm, thanks for point me in the right direction. For any other interested if you too have played hundreds of games and can't break the habit of giving the barrage promotion to your tanks etc, follow these directions:

edit bts\assets\xml\units\civ4promotioninfo.xml

about 80% down the file look for the paragraph that starts with:

PROMOTION_BARRAGE1
            TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_BARRAGE1

You are going to put the # (comment) in front of four lines. They read:

UNITCOMBAT_ARMOR 1

They are near the end of that paragraph. They should look like:

#
            #UNITCOMBAT_ARMOR
            # 1
            #

Disclaimer to keep programmers from flaming me.

The correct way, if you're using mods or doing other programming is to copy them into your custom assets folder as Whilhelm says. However, if you are never going to use mods or other programming it is save to do it where they are. Worse case scenario is you have to re-install

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X