150000 Culture on Epic??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150000 Culture on Epic??

I am playing a game (BtS 3.19) on Epic that shows the next stage after Influential culture being 150000. Shouldn't that be 75000? Since I have set the victory conditions to be only Cultural and Time, I verified that three cities at 75000 will not win. Is this a bug and if so, how do I get the culture threshold back to 75000? (I also verified that the game speed is Epic, not Marathon.)

Playing with "no espionage" would explain it. With "no espionage" set, esp points are converted to culture. Patch 3.19 increased the amount of culture needed for certain goals, such as a culture win. Cultural borders also require more culture to expand.

Petek
    Last edited by Petek; July 5, 2009, 11:55.
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

Thank you Petek, I did not know that.

I thought about this some more and it doesn't make sense. Previously, legendary cities on Epic were 75000, even without espionage. I realize that made it the easiest victory path but in 3.19, are there enough espionage culture to justify having to acheive TWICE as much culture than before?
      Last edited by Steve Clark; July 5, 2009, 11:57.

Comment

44 espionage points from non-capital buildings and their multipliers (without Scotland Yard or Castle).

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Clark View Post
          Thank you Petek, I did not know that.

I thought about this some more and it doesn't make sense. Previously, legendary cities on Epic were 75000, even without espionage. I realize that made it the easiest victory path but in 3.19, are there enough espionage culture to justify having to achieve TWICE as much culture than before?
          I don't think that this part of the patch was well thought out. For example, with the "no espionage" option, your non-capitol cities now require 60 culture points for the first border expansion (instead of the pre-patch 30 points). In the early game, there's no way that your non-capitol cities will generate any espionage-points-turned-to-culture-points to compensate for this change.
          -- Kosh

Comment

Is there a way to change that mid-stream? I have a game going now and while I am generating over 500 culture/turn, the only culture coming from espionage are two courthouses. Those generate relatively small amount of culture and does not justify a 100% increase in the needed culture threshold.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Clark View Post
              Is there a way to change that mid-stream? I have a game going now and while I am generating over 500 culture/turn, the only culture coming from espionage are two courthouses. Those generate relatively small amount of culture and does not justify a 100% increase in the needed culture threshold.
              I don't know how to do this, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

Petek
              -- Kosh

Comment

In xml you could pretty easily add more culture to something like monument, and then have it obsoleted by something.

Comment

We don't delete spam bots until they advertise something.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                  X