Which Mods Should I Download?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Mods Should I Download?

So, what are the must have mods I should download for BtS?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

I've actually never downloaded any mods so I'm interested in finding out which ones I should focus on as well. I've only had Civ4 reinstalled on my computer for about 2 days now so it's almost like I'm starting over from the beginning.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Fall from heaven 2 is pretty cool. It's a fantasy mod with a complete world, music, units, magic etc etc. I think it is the most downloaded mod according to civfanatics.

Beware though, I recently installed it and now I can't load the tri-league save games.

Comment

BUG is great (Unmodified Gameplay). It provides you with notices that you can whip some building this turn and generally eases micromanagement by giving notice of useful things while keeping all features unchanged.

Total conversions:
        Fall from Heaven II is a must.
        Mars now! is nice, and History of the Three Kingdoms is also very interesting.
        Clash of Civilization team member
        (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
        web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

BUG mod is great if you are only just getting used to the game. It gives you some great additional features on the display that really help if you aren't use to doing any MM or calculations.
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

the planetfall mod isn't bad for being an extreme work in progress.
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

For BtS itself: BUG or BAT, Blue Marble

Fall from Heaven 2: as stated above it's like an entirely new game. I have been playing it almost exclusively for the last year.
              And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

If you are into "realism", check out Hephmod Beyond. If you are not, then just never mind.

Comment

Supposedly the Wolfshanze mod and Rise of Mankind are good too, but I haven't downloaded them yet.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

What do folks think of the WWII mod by Dale? Sounds like it might be instructive and fun at the same time.
                    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Wolfshanze is excellent. I play it in preference to base BtS. But he's apparently stopped supporting it. Not that that's necessarily bad, as its current state is top notch.

WolfRevolution is a spin-off that still has support, but includes the Revolutions mod combined in.

Comment

What's the easiest way to preserve the original so you don't have problems with MP. I'd like to play some of these mods but don't want to have through all the hassle of switching back and forth.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

All I do is keep a save game of a mod, double-click on the save to load rather than the CIV shortcut or the Windows menu.

So my save games folder is shortcutted on my desktop, and in that folder I've got saves from a number of different mods. Doesn't matter... when I doubleclick a save it loads the correct mod, no worries.

Comment

For BTS, I'd go with BUG (loads of extra info, and the latest version includes a very useful "dot-mapping" tool for city placement planning)

For total conversion mods, I'll add my voice to the FFH crowd. Excellent mod.

Planetfall is still very much a work in progress, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.
                            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

What about Dale's combat mod? I've been meaning to try the stacked combat and automated recon, but for some reason I have not given it a try yet.
                              Quendelie axan!

Comment

Working...
                              X