No announcement yet.

Being a Barbarian is fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pillaging can be a great source of income. It really all depends on whether I plan on keeping a city or not. I always like to have a few outdated mounted units to keep behind my advancing army to clean up those improvements that I won't be needing.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I usually ignore a lot of it out of pure laziness. My kingdom for an auto pillage command. One that would pillage all improvements in enemy territory. But of course I'd rather have the auto-search command available to spies. I can't believe no one thought of that one.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

yes... an auto pillage command that allows you to leave roads or not.

And why they don't have an auto search for spies is just plain stupid.
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Why can't any unit visiting a foreign city see what buildings are in it? Seems like a Wonder, especially would really stand out. Having to work the mouse wheel to zoom in on a city to see if it has a wonder and thus whether or not it will be kept when I conquer it seems silly.
          Last edited by Blaupanzer; May 8, 2009, 10:33.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Yeah, if you have open borders, why can't your visiting unit see the tavarn that he's drinking in. Hard to miss those pyramids out next to the smoking lounge. (actually when I was in Cairo I could see the pyramids from one of the designated smoking areas. ) I was impressed.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Especially since Wonders are supposed to earn you culture through the ages due to tourism.
              Maybe they give the tourists special 3-D glasses???
              And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                i felt the same way when i started whipping, which was very recently. the thought that had occurred to me was "why didn't i do this sooner?
                I have gotten to the point where I see a city that is sick or angry and instinctively think "Oh? You're going to COMPLAIN now? *whappish!*" even if I don't really need to whip anything out to rush it.

It's just principle.

It's good to be the King.

Me.

Comment

It's really kind of silly that you can't see what is in a city BEFORE you have to make a choice between keeping it and razing it. Come on, you aren't going to SEE the wonder as you are putting a torch to it
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                    It's really kind of silly that you can't see what is in a city BEFORE you have to make a choice between keeping it and razing it. Come on, you aren't going to SEE the wonder as you are putting a torch to it
                    I have always wondered why the "Keep/Raze" selection didn't have a "Wait! Let me see the city first!" option.

Me.

Comment

I know in a recent patch for the FfH2 mod they added the ability to view the city first. So it should be possible to do in vanilla as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Monthar View Post
                        I know in a recent patch for the FfH2 mod they added the ability to view the city first. So it should be possible to do in vanilla as well.
                        I agree; same base engine. I say we need this!
                        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodeous View Post
                          I have gotten to the point where I see a city that is sick or angry and instinctively think "Oh? You're going to COMPLAIN now? *whappish!*" even if I don't really need to whip anything out to rush it.

It's just principle.

It's good to be the King.

Me.

Yeah, I have to admit that I've done that same thing. It is good to be king. The whippings will continue until moral improves actually works in civ.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                          X