Editing Difficulties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Difficulties

I don't imagine I'm in the right place, but cannot find where to get help. I am currently attempting to edit some features of the Wolfshanze mod, specifically increasing the health bonus of a few buildings.

I open the CIV4BuildingInfo.xml file with Notepad and edit what I assume is the appropriate place ("1"), yet when I try to save it, I get a message saying the computer cannot create the file and to make sure the path and file names are correct?

Can anyone offer me any assistance?
    Thank you
    I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Originally posted by bobbo008 View Post
    I don't imagine I'm in the right place, but cannot find where to get help. I am currently attempting to edit some features of the Wolfshanze mod, specifically increasing the health bonus of a few buildings.

I open the CIV4BuildingInfo.xml file with Notepad and edit what I assume is the appropriate place ("1"), yet when I try to save it, I get a message saying the computer cannot create the file and to make sure the path and file names are correct?

Can anyone offer me any assistance?
    Thank you
    AFAIK, you should be able to save an xml file from notepad, so you should not have a problem. I assume this is a consistent issue - ie you don't simply need to reboot. The error message seems odd. I suspect the file you're trying to modify has been tagged as read only. If so, simply open the properties tab and uncheck the read-only button.

RJM
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Well, it was not tagged as read-only. However, I think I solved the problem by saving it somewhere else, renaming/removing the original file and then importing the edited file to the Buildings folder.
      I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

Working...
      X