AI bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI bug?

I just bought CivIV after reliving how much i liked CivIII and after a few rounds with all AI's on, i wanted to do a game with only one AI. I went to custom game and closed all but one slot and set that to AI. Then when I enter the game, there are still 5 AI's playing with me. Is this somthing that's restricted or am I not doing it right? I tried at least four times and the same thing happened. Anyone know anything i can do?
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Obama is an acronym, One Big Ass Mistake America

Er, not sure. Closing AIs has always worked for me. Have you got the latest patch?

Comment

I can only think of one possible reason right now. Did you pick a big world? Did you notice the scroll bar at the side of your screen? What happened i think, is that you only closed the slots that were on screen, but have 5 more, below that, which are still on AI.

Comment

If you close the AIs you see as you enter the screen, then pick a world larger than the default standard, new AIs are added to the list. Check to make sure that only the one AI is open just before clicking "Launch." That should do the trick, barring ghosts in the machine.
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Yeah there are several options on the bottom of the custom screen which will "reset" the players up top. World size is one of them.

Comment

The other funnier side of this one is when my brother and I were playing an MP game to test something and forget to change the open civs to AIs. It took us a quite a few turns before we realized that we were all alone on a large world.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Actually, as long as you didn't also select "No Barbarians" as well, you won't be alone for long. The winner is likely to be whichever of you complete the Great Wall.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                The other funnier side of this one is when my brother and I were playing an MP game to test something and forget to change the open civs to AIs. It took us a quite a few turns before we realized that we were all alone on a large world.
                Your brother? Why hasn't he joined 'poly too?

Comment

Yeah, when is Ming going to join Poly Rah?
                  First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                  Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I might get around to joining at some point
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well let us know when you decide to join, I would like to play one of those 2 civ massive world MP games sometime.
                        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Once I set a huge pangea map with only me and one other civ. Then I picked raging barbs and went to worldbuilder and deleted the Great Wall. I never finished, but I did make some headway into civilizing the planet.
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

All your surviving units made it to 10 points of experience and stopped, and the barbs kept coming and coming and coming and coming ... Did the other civ survive?
                            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I assume the other civ was still alive or the game would have ended.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X