Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchanging a ressource: u lose it?

Hi, I have a simple question.

I'm with Civ4 Vanilla. If in my ressources I have 1 crab / rice / gold / peanuts-that-glow-in-the-dark, do I lose it and its bonus (+1 health/happiness)?

I guess that sort of stuff can be known only online... thanks

If you're asking if you trade your only copy of a resource, do you lose it?
    The answer is yes. Only consider trading your surplus resources.

And welcome to Apolyton.
    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Trying to figure out what "peanuts-that-glow-in-the-dark" is ... gems? Uranium?
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Thanks. It helps to know.

Peanuts that glow were nothign ion particular.

Comment

Kind of an "all that other stuff" resource. Note that even if you have two and somehow lose access to one, the traderemains in effect so that your traded one stays traded and you end up with none. For example, if you have two silk plantations and trade silk for something. If the other silk gets sabotaged, or caught by another civ's cultural expansion, you will have none. If the trade has lasted 10 turns, you may cancel it to get your silk back, but you will lose whatever you traded it for. This matters a lot more for resources that compound your health, e.g., sea-based resources doubled by harbor, or grains doubled by granary.

In the case of strategic resources, if you lose the only copy you've left to yourself, the governors will remove all units from the queues that required that resource, even if you get it back right away. If you are like me and have each city planned out to at least 5 builds with liberal use of the ctrl key, then all those queues will have to be rebuilt.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er View Post
            If you're asking if you trade your only copy of a resource, do you lose it?
            The answer is yes. Only consider trading your surplus resources.

And welcome to Apolyton.
            Actually, trading a non-surplus resource can make sense. The two most obvious examples are:-

a) trading a health resource for a happy resource (or vice versa) depending which is your biggest constraint;

b) trading a health resource without multipler for one with eg trading seafood for grain when you have a granary.

RJM
            Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Working...
            X