No announcement yet.

Tecks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In game, you have to divert their attention or steal their knowledge. Snoop reveals the "for everyone for the whole game" solution. Note that soldier building does not scale the same way as technology and city buildings at the slower speeds. In other words, You can build soldiers relatively more quickly at epic game speed and even moreso at marathon. I play at epic speed almost always for precisely this reason.

The "tag teaming" I mentioned above does go on in every game. Some fight and some tech. The techies feed techs to the fighters. You will fall behind in the middle game, then begin to catch up. If that's what is happening to you, then you are playing at the right level (nobel, prince, undsoweiter). If you are being totally overwhelmed drop down a level and develop a strategy or two for advancing your game.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

By the way, I certainly do not think that the solution to the OP's problem is changing speeds of anything. If you're losing the tech race, that will not change just because you slow down techs. You need to learn how not to lose the tech race
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I think if you try the combination of Marathon speed and no Tech Brodering, you will get what you want in terms of gameplay. Many people suggest selecting aggressive AI if you are going to be a warmonger yourself.
        If you aren't confused,
        You don't understand.

Comment

Working...
        X