Civ 3 Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 3 Blues

Why wont Civ 4 and Civ 3 work on the same computer? What gives?

Because when they developed Civ 4, they decided to go nuts on the graphics so that it could compete with all the other cool looking games. At least they developed a great game, because Civ 3 sucked

You need more memory and a better graphics card to run Civ IV.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Unless you're really saying that CIV IV runs on your computer and III won't.

But if that's the question, WHO CARES since III sucks.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by miklos View Post
        Why wont Civ 4 and Civ 3 work on the same computer? What gives?
        Because Civ 3 is a 2D game and Civ 4 is 3D. Totally different requirements.

Comment

My previous machine ran Civ III great, but often crashed running Civ IV.
          I've never installed Civ III on my current machine that runs Civ IV great.
          The only things from Civ III I miss are some of the scenarios.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Civ III should work fine on your Civ IV computer. I personally wouldn't bother, but I'm not a big scenario fan.
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

CivIII Blues= the $59.99 I paid out for the game and shiny box it came in.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Agreed. With civ I usually get it down to pennies or less per game played. For civ III i never even got it down to a few dollars per game played.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Same here on the return costs. Got the metal box set and the only thing special about that was the box. No expanded design notes no strategy tips. Never made up for that either. I guess Firaxis knew they had a dud right from the start.
                  No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                  "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Blues 2

Thanks for replying to my post, have been busy lately with the housing market begining to slow down I think I'm going to have a little more time on my hands though.
                    Ming: I disagree but I still value your inputand thanks for answering me it's the first time I.ve ever had an administrator answer one of my posts.
                    Rah: Thanks-I have alot of time and effort built into Civ 3 and I enjoy the game play. I must agree that visually Civ 4 is over the top when compared to Civ 3 but I like old things. I own a 2008 Nissan Titan, It's nice and it's new but I don't think it's better than my 1974 Ford Gran Torino, which I have painted just like Zebra 3, Starsky and Hutch's car from the television show. It's old but that doesn't mean it's not still good.
                    Willem: I didn't realize that Civ 3 was 2D but you are totally right, Thanks
                    Joncnunn:You're exactly right especially the "Rise of the roman Empire" although Civ 4 did one similar it just wasn't the same.
                    blaupanzer: Cool name-" Blue Tank" Das ist sehr gute! Although I liked the scenarios and the maps. And while I'm thinking of it what was the deal of the watermellon in the press all about in Buckaroo Banzai anyway?
                    Theben: Touche, You're right
                    thanks again for your input on this thread I hope to hear from you again on other posts in the forum

Comment

Working...
                    X