no cd patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no cd patch

does anyone know of a patch that let you play the games without a cd as my one is quit old and havineing problems as when iplayed it the screen went black and flashed back to game three times then closed to window
    please help very sad at mo as cannot play game

Unfortunately we're not allow to discuss hacks like that here. You'll have to try another site for that.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You'll need to:
      • buy a new CD
      • Return your CD to 2K
      • Buy a downloadable version

Welcome to Apolyton hanibalthehun.
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Yes, I purchase from DIRECTTODRIVE for just that reason. And they are always very good about additional downloads.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Chances are the CD is already out of warranty (it's only lasts about sixty days), you your SOL from the supplier.

anyway, try a search engine.

Originally posted by hanibalthehun View Post
          does anyone know of a patch that let you play the games without a cd as my one is quit old and havineing problems as when iplayed it the screen went black and flashed back to game three times then closed to window
          please help very sad at mo as cannot play game
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Does your game start up OK? If it does, your disc is not the problem. When you launch the program, it doesn't "boot" from the disc, the program actually just check to make sure the disc is in the drive. If your game will launch or partially launch, I would recommend you reinstall the game.

Alternatively, if your disc that is old is Civ IV vanilla, I would recommend you upgrade to Beyond the Sword. I just bought a copy for my brother for $19.99 at Target. You don't need a funtioning CD to run BTS.

Comment

Originally posted by hanibalthehun View Post
              as when iplayed it the screen went black and flashed back to game three times then closed to window
              That has absolutely nothing to do with the CD. It's only accessed when the game starts up to check whether it's a legal copy and isn't used at all after that. Everything the game uses is coming from your hard drive. You can even remove the disk from your drive once it's launched and play it that way. It almost sounds to me like your video card is dying frankly.

Comment

Welcome to Apolyton shulec.
                And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by shulec View Post
                  You don't need a funtioning CD to run BTS.
                  I don't? It won't startup without the BTS disc in the drive. Am I halucinating that?
                  No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                  "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
                    I don't? It won't startup without the BTS disc in the drive. Am I halucinating that?
                    You need it to start the game up but you don't actually need it to play it. Once the game has booted you can remove the disk from the drive with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
                      Originally Posted by shulec View Post
                      You don't need a funtioning CD to run BTS.

Reply: I don't? It won't startup without the BTS disc in the drive. Am I halucinating that?
                      I am sorry. I wasn't clear. I was stating that when you run BTS, you don't need the CIV IV vanilla disc. It is an alternative to buying the CIV IV disc.

Yes you definitely need the BTS disc to run BTS.

Comment

If your old Civ 4, or any CD is indeed having read errors due to scratches etc on the surface (which they all seem very prone to get), you could also try some polishing techniques, with various substances diverse as toothpaste to banana peels, as well as professional products, to polish down some of that damaged, plastic coating, thus restoring it's capability/readability.

pm me for another idea.

DMJ

Comment

Working...
                        X