Warlords and Beyond the Sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warlords and Beyond the Sword

Call me crazy, but I have not yet bought either of the two expansions. But now that I have a real hunger to go back to playing Civilization IV, I want to get the expansions.

But I got a question. Do I need to buy both expansions, or does Beyond the Sword include all the added features, civilizations, units, and so forth from Warlords?

I'm not worried about shelling out money to get both expansions if I have to, but I don't want to waste my money if I just need to get Beyond the Sword to enjoy all the features introduced by Warlords.

Thanks for anyone who clarifies this for me.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

You only need to buy Beyond the Sword, the only thing you will be missing is the scenarios in Warlords. You will still get all of the leaders/civs/units/etc introduced in Warlords.

Comment

Yes, just get BTS, it is well worth the money.
      ...and I begin to understand that there are no new paths to track, because, look, there are already footprints on the moon. -- Kerkorrel

Comment

Originally posted by Murg
        You only need to buy Beyond the Sword, the only thing you will be missing is the scenarios in Warlords. You will still get all of the leaders/civs/units/etc introduced in Warlords.

Sweet. I never cared for scenarios anyway, so I guess I will be saving money after all.

I really wanted to make sure that all the leaders, civilizations, new features, and so forth from Warlords are in Beyond the Sword. So I take it this also means that the new military leader-type, warlord, is also available in BTS.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

Sweet. I never cared for scenarios anyway, so I guess I will be saving money after all.

I really wanted to make sure that all the leaders, civilizations, new features, and so forth from Warlords are in Beyond the Sword. So I take it this also means that the new military leader-type, warlord, is also available in BTS.
          Yes, the Warlord unit is available in Beyond the Sword.

Comment

aka Great General.

And yes, you are crazy.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I agree with the crazy part.

As to the expansions, BTS covers all of Warlords and is about as close to a completely new game as I have ever seen in any game add-on. It reintroduces the feel of Civ II in a much more sophisticated game and does not bog down most of the time as did the infamous Civ III. I play on Epic speed, more turns but very close to Civ II pace but beware of overexpansion. Try a custom game approach with no tech brokering and agressive AI at a minimum.
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                aka Great General.

And yes, you are crazy.
                Yeah, but I think I'm crazy in a good way.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
                  I agree with the crazy part.

As to the expansions, BTS covers all of Warlords and is about as close to a completely new game as I have ever seen in any game add-on. It reintroduces the feel of Civ II in a much more sophisticated game and does not bog down most of the time as did the infamous Civ III. I play on Epic speed, more turns but very close to Civ II pace but beware of overexpansion. Try a custom game approach with no tech brokering and agressive AI at a minimum.

Sweet! Sounds like I will really, really enjoy Civ IV more so than I have in the past.

Comment

Mr. Fun: Definitely get BTS. I picked it up a couple of months ago, and it is the best version of civ yet.

(remember to download the latest patch before playing....)
                    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Buy it on line so you don't have to have a disc in your drive to play it... It's not worth buying the hard copy. The manual isn't worth it since the ingame information is adequate.

And yes, it is the best version of Civ since Civ II.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You're right, Ming. Sounds like that's the best way to buy it.

Comment

I am installing BTS right now, and it says that it has found the latest patch for Civ 4 and it is now installing it. Do I still need to come back here to download another patch?

Comment

Yes, there's been a couple of patches for BtS since the game was released. The most current one is 3.17. You might also want to get Solver's Unofficial patch as well.

Comment

He won't need to as long as the patch he downloaded was 3.17, and it should be. He only has to come back here if he wants Solver's unofficial patch... which isn't that important anyway.
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                              X