Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of Civilizations: A mod with a very specific mechanic

Hello everybody,

I am new on Apolyton, and would like to share with you this mod I created (Thanks jojoweb for your invaluable help)

This mod is for BTS 3.17, and comes in english and french.

This mod is quite unique, because it focuses on the diversity of civilisations, rather than on them all becoming the same "in the end".
    Think of the diversity of the huns, vikings, zoulous, franks, turks, and what made these civilisations different.
    In the basic game, only a few things are different beetween the civilisations (a few units, buildings, etc...), and in the end game, they all become the same.

In age of civilisation, you can create your own civilisation, that will be unique, and get more end more unique in the end. And ultimately, you will lead YOUR civilisation, with its very special capacities.

How it does that is very simple:
    ALL TECHS ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE START. Yes, ALL. But keep in mind that AoC Technologies don't go beyond early gunpowder, but there are MANY more technologies than in the vanilla game.
    And there are NO UNBEATABLE techs.
    The second effect is that each time you discover a technology, another one is RANDOMLY discarded from the list of remaining techs. THIS is the catch. So in the end, no civ will be like another one...

This is a mod in development, and I am looking for SDK scripters, although just using XML to full effect can provide me with LOTS of interesting effects.
    If you have comments or ideas, feel free to tell me.

I hope you will enjoy the mod.
    More info and download link can be found here:
    This concept is to create your civilisation as the game unfolds, instead of at the start of the game, through the choice of technologies, some of those being randomly put aside when new techs are discovered.... The technologies level do NOT go beyond early gunpowder, but with many many more...
    Last edited by cromcrom; December 28, 2008, 14:56.
    "A trip of a thousand miles starts with one small step"

I don't think I've ever seen a first post being about a completed mod before.

Welcome to Apolyton cromcrom.
    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Aww, well, this is definitely a WiP, but very playable already. It lacks many new technologies (there are already 80 technologies to choose from at the beginning), especialy warring technologies, and many more, but your opinion or remarks would be greatly appreciated

And thanks a lot for welcoming me

Comment

Welcome to Apolyton, cromcrom....and thanks for the mod. Will definately give it a try

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I updated the mod to V1.09.

Enjoy and take care.

Comment

I think it sounds fun.

It sounds like each civ develops uniquely but in isolation to the others, so everyone is different but they don't really influence those around them. If your mechanic somehow changed the way other civs develop too it might be good (or might make it all so unpredictable it stopped being fun).
            www.neo-geo.com

Comment

There are some ways to deal technologies with other civs, through diplomacy, and there is a chance through conquering an enemy city.

So you can learn new technologies that way, and there is a little influence between civilisations.

I haven't done spying technologies yet, but this should be taken into acount too.

Comment

Hi all, and happy new year

I just wanted to tell that I have updated the game to V1.10.

I hope you will enjoy it :-)

Take care.

Comment

Hi all, I uploaded V1.11 today. 7 New techs added.
                  Positive feedback REALLY appreciated.

Enjoy and take care :-)

Comment

Hi, your mod still has this huge problem: When you get a foreign trade route, you gain something like 1000 gold per turn, which makes the game unenjoyable.
                    Clash of Civilization team member
                    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

lol ok, thanks a lot for feedback, I will have a look. Does anybody else have the same problem ?

Comment

Hi all, just to tell that v1.12 is uploaded.

Functions now for 3.19. The forum entry can be found here : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=266631 The main features are implemented, thanks to Jojoweb. Best if played on Noble difficulty level. Get ready for a brand...

Hope you enjoy it. Have fun :-)

Comment

Hi all, just to tell that v1.13 is uploaded, if anybody cares ^^

Comment

Hi all, just in case, v1.14 is uploaded, if anybody cares ^^

Comment

Working...
                            X