Reducing desert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reducing desert

How do you reduce the amount of desert? There seems to be an awful lot of desert.
    "I've spent more time posting than playing."

Play a wetter climate maybe? I think it's been shown there is far less desert in Civ than in real life, but whether there is still too much to have fun is a legitimate challenge.
    www.neo-geo.com

Comment

I wish the game had terraforming. Available at Genetics, for example.

As it is, you can actually get maps where you start up north and after a quick look around you'll notice that anything north from your capital is tundra and ice and anything south of it is desert. You simply cannot win with a start like that on higher difficulties (not saying that terraforming from genetics would change that fact though).
      "The state is nothing but an instrument of oppression of one class by another--no less so in a democratic republic than in a monarchy."

Comment

If it's a computer generated map, the first thing I do is pull up world builder to see if it's a decent map. If not, I hit the regenerate map button.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Use the SmartMap mod. Allows you to control the % of desert, mountains, tundra, etc.

Comment

Where is the SmartMap mod? I couldn't find it in the Mods section.

Comment

Originally posted by siredgar
              Where is the SmartMap mod? I couldn't find it in the Mods section.
              Here's a link to the Smartmap mod on Civ Fanatics.

Petek
              "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
              -- Kosh

Comment

Thanks!

Just a question though: Do mods all work together?

I just don't know anything about mods. If I download several mods will they all work together?

Comment

Originally posted by siredgar
                  Thanks!

Just a question though: Do mods all work together?

I just don't know anything about mods. If I download several mods will they all work together?
                  No. You can only select one mod at a time.
                  No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                  "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

But a map script is no mod.

Comment

Working...
                    X