Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warlords animation not in BTS

Just a quick question.

In the Warlords expansion I'm almost certain I have seen an animation which I no longer see in BTS. It would happen when a (for example) Swordsman would attack a city and there also is a (I think it was) trebuchet. While the Swordsman attacks a Trebuchet animation would also play.

I have not seen this in BTS. Is it not in, or am I going mad?

Another thing: I've noticed that sometimes when an opposing AI uses airships or planes to do exploration in my territory during peace time my city defenders will make a "mini jump" as if they were attacked in some way. Clearly they aren't being attacked but they are reacting to the AI airplane.

My question is why? What is the purpose?
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on me

Originally posted by jbavon
    In the Warlords expansion I'm almost certain I have seen an animation which I no longer see in BTS. It would happen when a (for example) Swordsman would attack a city and there also is a (I think it was) trebuchet. While the Swordsman attacks a Trebuchet animation would also play.

I have not seen this in BTS. Is it not in, or am I going mad?
    It's not a Trebuchet, it's a Siege Ladder. It was a large machine that they used to wheel up to a wall, which had ladders inside that soldiers could climb to the top with. That animation only appears if a city has a Wall built, and yes it is still in BtS. I gues you've just been attacking cities without Walls.

Another thing: I've noticed that sometimes when an opposing AI uses airships or planes to do exploration in my territory during peace time my city defenders will make a "mini jump" as if they were attacked in some way. Clearly they aren't being attacked but they are reacting to the AI airplane.

My question is why? What is the purpose?
    I've kind of wondered about that one myself.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I guess I haven't attacked any cities with walls then

My guess about the units reacting to scouting airplanes has to do with the game helping you to notice that the AI is taking a close look at your land, and that he may be preparing an attack ?!
      Fool me once, shame on you.
      Fool me twice, shame on me

Comment

Originally posted by jbavon
        Thanks for the reply. I guess I haven't attacked any cities with walls then

My guess about the units reacting to scouting airplanes has to do with the game helping you to notice that the AI is taking a close look at your land, and that he may be preparing an attack ?!
        Yeah, that's what I think about the Airships too.
        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Working...
        X