2 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Questions

the questions have come up in my mind before but I haven't decided to voice them untill now so... here I go

1. Does the AI ever offer capitulation on eather end?

2. why doesn't thoes relationship effects ever effect the AI?

Explination: 1. just curious. if you have almost finished off a civ will it offer to become or if he's almost finished off you will he demand it?

2. I have seen this. Someone will attack me on a different continent with a pleased relationship when someone with a proboble angry right next to him is for some reson is skipped?

1. I don't believe a loser in a war will offer peace terms or capitulation to the player. I will occasionally check to see if they would be willing to capitulate.

Since the player cannot become a vassal to an AI, you will never have the option to capitulate.

2. Relationships are only part of the equation. Power ratings are another important factor. Also, it is possible they were bribed into doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
      Since the player cannot become a vassal to an AI, you will never have the option to capitulate.
      I do remember once being a Vassal. I may be wrong, but I remember it. I'll try something and if I'm succesful (being a vassal?), I'll send a savegame.

Comment

I thought I got such an offer too, once. However I did not take it. May all just be a dream ... Not that I have indulged since the sixties but we don't have a cloud smilie.
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by pedrojedi

I do remember once being a Vassal. I may be wrong, but I remember it. I'll try something and if I'm succesful (being a vassal?), I'll send a savegame.
          I didn't know you could be a vassal to the AI. I would be interested to see a save or screenshot.
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by pedrojedi

It's impossible for the human to be a vassal to an AI, it just can't happen.
            Last edited by Willem; November 21, 2008, 18:31.

Comment

How about in an MP game with vassals enabled.
              After a civ becomes a vassal, would a human player be able to join the game as that civ? And if so, would that civ cease being a vassal?
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hmm, good question. I don't play MP though so I don't have an answer.

Comment

Re: 2 Questions

I think these may have already been ansered but:

1A. Sometimes the AI will offer to capitulate to you; but it's much more freqent for me to notice they are now willing to accept capiulation and thus offer them to do so before they do. This has a lot to do with the criteria the AI uses to accept capitulation and so unless you meet the criteria before they are willing to talk it's usually going to be during your turn the critiria is reached.

1B. In a SP game, a human may not offer to either become a vassal of an AI nor capitulate to it. If such a bad situation arises you instead have the following choices: Play it out for the conquest defeat. Take the loss by retiring from the game. Simply abandon the game. (Along with cheating which includes use of the world builder and/or a time machine)

2. The vassalized AI and master AI immeadtely get credit for a defensive alliance in plus points. The war also ends between them wiping out the "This war spoils our relationship" penalty. Sometimes the relationship is good and other times bad, but the master still has RoP thru the vasal and the vasal is willing to trade resources no matter how bad the relationship is.
                  You can also safely ignore any vasals requests for gifts / demands because they are no longer allowed to declare war so they can't do anything about it if you refuse.
                  But friendly relations with a vassal don't mater either since if the master DOWs on you his vasals are obligated to follow suit,

Originally posted by Cyrus The Mike
                  the questions have come up in my mind before but I haven't decided to voice them untill now so... here I go

1. Does the AI ever offer capitulation on eather end?

2. why doesn't thoes relationship effects ever effect the AI?

Explination: 1. just curious. if you have almost finished off a civ will it offer to become or if he's almost finished off you will he demand it?

2. I have seen this. Someone will attack me on a different continent with a pleased relationship when someone with a proboble angry right next to him is for some reson is skipped?
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I have been wondering lately if it was possible to become the vassal of an AI. My idea was to go for a cultural victory while under the protection of a much larger ai master.

Could have been... interesting.
                    Fool me once, shame on you.
                    Fool me twice, shame on me

Comment

And the thing to watch, in my experience, is that if the nation being crushed in war is willing to offer to capitulate to you, if will definitely be wiling to offer itself as a vassel elsewhere.

So when you see it offering capitulation - or at lesat the option being there (not in red) during your term, don't think "oh I could take it, but maybe I will just capture a little more territory first". Either you take it, or next term you will find they are the vassal of someone else.

Doesn't always happen like that, but I've been burnt by it often enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X