No announcement yet.

Balancing Luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He probably meant lions instead of wolves.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
      Warrior or scout, that first explorer is doomed.
      Not necessarily, I've had games where I'd forget about some Warrior only to discover that he's still prowling arond in the Renaissance Era. It's actually quite unusual for my early explorers to not survive until the real Barbs start showing up.

Comment

Yeah late in the game you'll get a message that your unit has been attacked and destroyed and you're wondering where the heck that happened only to find its a searcher on the otherside of the world.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Re: Balancing Luck

(Deleted) at first I thought you were refering to random event luck instead of combat luck.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
            Yeah late in the game you'll get a message that your unit has been attacked and destroyed and you're wondering where the heck that happened only to find its a searcher on the otherside of the world.
            I've never had a Scout survive that long though. They're pretty much history as soon as the Barbs start appearing on the map.

Comment

This usually happens when I, due to shifting alliniances, make an open border agreement to replace trading partners for someone that I've eliminated. The scout that was sitting on his ass in automated search mode realizes that there is now one square on the board that I haven't uncovered and it races away to fulfill it's destiny only to move too close to another less freindly civ that picks it off.
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
              X