Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pretty much lost game

Hello fellow Apolitoneers.

The last few games I've been playing (BtS 3.17) I found myself in some interesting challanges. I recognize my own defeat on some of these challenges, but I am curious about how would you proceed on some of these situations.

So, I'm sending these saved games and we'll see how things would be differently done. Unfortunately, I don't have any 4000 BC save to share.

Screenshots, of course, are very welcome.

Situation 1
    I had a good early start with the Japanese, but failed to get any religion to call my own. The eXpansion wasn't any good either, although I had 4 good cities to start with. I later engaged on holy war against the Khmer land and managed to conquer the Hindu holy city, but, to my desperation, they became vassals to the germans and things got rather complicated.

On the other continent, Asoka was hastening research and became a wonder-machine... Isabella, his vassal, did a respectable job too, and they are happily together starting to build their spacecraft. They have a HUGE tech advantage, by the way.

At this moment, the germans declared war on me, and I managed to withhold the first assault... Time is pressing and the defense is needed!

Japanese

Situation 2

A somewhat less painful scenario, on this one I am Augustus, trying to strive against multiple oponents, each of them hating me a lot. My dream of destroying the Japanese is a little bit harder than should be, and their allies the Ottomans, which have a great piece of land and a nice Maya neighbor aren't helping either.

The only thing that kept me from being invaded is the fact that I built a great navy, but it is getting harder and harder to keep the dominance of the seas. As you can notice, I was attacked multiple times by the Russians. Hot Cathie didn't like my charm, I guess...

Romans

Comment

Situation 3

A winning scenario, for a change.

Mighty Darius grew to a respectable size after defeating the puny germans and the noisy ex-allies babilonians. His power is supreme, but victory is incomplete. Someone else must fall - will it be the ottomans? The greek?

How will he reorganize after the recent war against Hammurabi? Forces are scattered throughout the world, and mother nature began showing Man the price of his ambition, as lands here and there are begining to dry out. Time, as it seems, is not at Darius' side.

Persians

EDIT: typos
      Last edited by pedrojedi; October 20, 2008, 22:30.

Comment

I might sugest adding some screen shots for each scenerio.

Anyway, is #3 a mod or pretty much standard. I've never heard of military expansion ever causing global warming before ...

Unless you were using nukes to expand.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
          I might sugest adding some screen shots for each scenerio.

Anyway, is #3 a mod or pretty much standard. I've never heard of military expansion ever causing global warming before ...

Unless you were using nukes to expand.
          All of them are standard games; #3 is a big and small scenario, if I recall correctly, with lots of islands without native colonization.

The game just went on late, I guess that if you have a lot of industries and not so much forests, you're kinda doomed to suffer from global warming.

No nukes - the Manhattan wasn't built.

Comment

Originally posted by pedrojedi

All of them are standard games; #3 is a big and small scenario, if I recall correctly, with lots of islands without native colonization.

The game just went on late, I guess that if you have a lot of industries and not so much forests, you're kinda doomed to suffer from global warming.

No nukes - the Manhattan wasn't built.
            Global warming is indeed now possible without nukes per the 3.17 changelist:

*Global Warming is affected by unhealthy buildings in addition to nuclear explosions.

I saw it start to take hold in some of my savannah near the end of the game, when the Manhattan Project hadn't yet been built by anyone. I kind of like this change - it adds interest to what can otherwise be a somewhat dull time of waiting for spaceship parts to complete or some such.

Comment

Working...
            X