Power graph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power graph

What do rappresent the power graph in the info screen?
    How does the power graph work in this game?

It's basically a representation of your military might. It counts things like number and strength of units, Barracks and Walls etc. Every unit and building in the game has a Power rating and those are added up for your Power total. It's very important to keep an eye on that one since if you start slipping in the graph, your neighbours will see you as weak and pay you a visit with their SoDs.

Comment

A lot of things go into the power graph, actually. If I recall correctly: (in roughly descending order of effect on the graph)
      • Military Units (how many and which type)
      • Military Technologies
      • Population
      • Military Buildings

And some others I'm forgetting. Also, the demographics page can tell you more specifically how much of the power graph comes from units specifically, but I think the AI pays attention to the Power Graph specifically.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Keep an eye on the soldiers part of the demographics page, as this will tell you where you stand compared to the AIs. Especially note the high, low, and average number of soldiers as compared to your own number -- as this tells you how vulnerable you really are. The addition of techs and buildings can make the power graph an unreliable guide as to vulnerability. However, we've been told the AIs do check standing on that graph when determining whether or not to actually attack. So good to keep that up too, but its units that do the fighting - you cant very well throw walls from cities not now on the front or technical capabilities at the AI SODs.

Welcome aboard!
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Does unit strength and promotions affect the Power Rating?
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er
            Does unit strength and promotions affect the Power Rating?
            I don't think promotions are factored in. I just had a look at the promotions file and didn't see anything to indicate they are. Every unit has a power rating in the line:

(iPower) 1 (/iPower)

(that's actually supposed to be > instead of ) around iPower. I had to change it since the site saw it as an HTML command.)

You'll find that same line in the buildings list. But promotions don't have it so only the base power of the unit is considered.

Comment

Working...
            X