So what is the deal about FFH II?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with CFC?

Version: 0.41 Requires Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword patch 3.19 or greater DownloadsPatch: Patch "o" Media Pack: Media Pack Blue Marble: Blue Marble for Fall from Heaven 2 Vanilla Civ4 version:Fall from Heaven II 0.23c...

From there you get a list of places you can download the mod. I didn't have to register to the first place on the list.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

None of those places let me download the mod, I tried them for half an hour, even with registering.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

This let me start within a few seconds: http://www.fileshack.com/file_partne...ii&s=405631672
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

It doesn;t let me download, it demands that I log in, then when I do log in it demands I log in again. Even accepting cookies doesn't work.
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Weird. I'm not registered there, and still no problem.

Comment

I love whoever made this thread and drew my attention to this mod. This mod is excellent and very well done. Does anyone know how well the MP works on it? Seamlessly? (And by that I mean "as well as BtS" hehehe). Lots of desyncs? Crashy?

Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodeous View Post
                I love whoever made this thread and drew my attention to this mod. This mod is excellent and very well done. Does anyone know how well the MP works on it? Seamlessly? (And by that I mean "as well as BtS" hehehe). Lots of desyncs? Crashy?

Me.
                Its pretty much the same as BtS. There are a few events that cause an OOS and you have to reconnect (such as if a player switches to controlling Hyborem) but there are always active multiplayer games going on.

Check out the #erebus IRC channel if you want to get a hold of other people to play multiplayer games with.

Comment

Thanks, Murg. The Avatar of Wrath's attack also is excellent at causing desyncs on a regular basis, and the other oddity I noticed is the game really doesn't like the relog that is the BTS method of fixing an OOS and requires a rehost. Which isn't bad, because I still swear Civ has a memory leak, so after a good 4-6 hours of play having to exit and reenter the game is beneficial to performance. (It's almost like a built in "You should really save, exit, and relaunch Civ!" timer! )

I have to say that this and RFC are the best mods I've ever seen for Civ. If any of the creators of this mod are on these forums, my hat, and the hats of the small group of buddies I regularly Civ with salute you! We've honestly put about 6-10 hours a day (it's nice to be able to Civ at work ) of this mod in since the day of my first post on this thread.

Thanks again for bringing it up here!

Me.

Comment

Np! Glad you like the mod.

Comment

FFH 2 is awesome- theres a lot of great ideas in there that ciV should really consider. every civ feels quite different to play. plus the AI has gotten a lot better. its definitely worth a try. my only complaint is that theres so much going on, it really slows down in the later stages.

Comment

So I finally download this thing and am playing (Bannor). Run into some evil type next door, vampires by the look of 'em. Then some screwball jester fella shows up off my coast. I figure the vamps are gonna invade any day, and my northern troops keep getting killed by some damn giant spider. Then the barbs start showing up, which was more of a help than hindrance. Got some nice promos, and the barbs wind up overrunning the vamps. So I take the barb 'capital', kill the damn spider, find some religions, and cottage-spam to the point where I'm racing thru tech. Ran into a bunch of other civs on other lands, I'm way in front (to be fair, I dropped to Prince b/c I didn't know what to expect, but next time I'll try Monarch or Emperor. The AI still seems dumb). Then some yahoo who says he's got a map and he'll sell it to me cuz he was too scared to check out the dungeon in his youth and I buy it and send troops to explore. And this freakin' Azer pops out, kills my axeman, then marches next door to my capital and TAKES it. And I can't muster a decent army quick enough to drive it out before it's firmly entrenched in my *nice* capital. ****ing bugger.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                        X