No announcement yet.

Now I've finally done it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The easiest way to break that habit is to play MP.
    Works every time.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
      Works every time.
      But I'm scared!
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Re: Re: Now I've finally done it

Originally posted by Sir Og
        What difficulty and what is your rank in number of soldiers ("F9" screen)?
        I should definately try playing a loosing game untill the end.
        Monarch, and I can't check b/c I played the game on a computer that wasn't mine and uploaded the file to my email account. This computer isn't able to handle civ4, but I just recently got another comp that does have 3.17 and should be hooked up by this weekend. In the meantime I had an even more interesting game that I just finished, with plenty of saves, including a 4000 BC. One that deserves it's own thread with pictures.

The name is Theben - Theban is someone else...

Yes, by misspelling my name long enough and often enough they've become true. Soon I'll amass enough to take over THE WORLD!!!! HA HA HAAAA!!!
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
          I'm another who usually drops the game if too far behind (often) or ahead (rarely).
          I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I'll even quit if I don't get Horses or Copper early on, or get stuck with crappy terrain. Which seems to happen quite often now, more so since BtS came out.

Comment

Ive often found games that "look" bad easilly turn into victories... By the endgame the AIs usually cannot keep up with me in tech or production. I've had very few close calls on monarch, and win most emporers!~
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

So, Theben, were you able to pull the original game out? The public demands to know!

In my case, eventually an almost irresistable SOD showed up. We fought hard with my capitol changing hands twice before he was whittled down. Just then an even bigger SOD showed up from his vassal and a dozen fresh, more modern units showed up as well. My forces were exhausted, and my other neighbor was accumulating forces in menacing places on my border. Having already lost 2 of 12 cities and with another vassal yet to hear from, I did in fact quit. The loss of the city that was my capitol in a condition where I cannot take it back in near-term is more than enough reason to quit, I believe.
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                Works every time.
                It doesn't help with the SP cheating. I just played some MP with a friend when he was out for Thanksgiving, and aside from me griping a few times about wanting to pop into the editor I didn't miss it that much.

I started a new SP game after that and I am right back on the cheat train.
                Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

I guess there's a joke about the dark side in there somewhere, but I won't go there.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

The evils of addiction. "But it feels so good when I do, so bad when I don't."
                      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                      X