Colony Dynamics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colony Dynamics

I think it's a bit of a shame that colonies never get to out grow the parent in Civ IV. If the motherland is crushed under the jack boot of Sumarian shock troops or whatever then , yes, they can end up bigger and more important; but that's not what I mean.

I think that if new colonies were given a Golden Age on their creation, or perhaps half price settlers and workers for the rest of the game or something it would encourage really interesting colony decisions. At the moment, I use colonies to block islands from rivals and little else. It would be nice to feel that in setting up a colony you were perhaps sowing the seeds of your own destruction.
    www.neo-geo.com

Well if you have a small nation and you make a colony on a huge sparsely populated land, that could happen, yes. But players know to expand as much as they can and there's no real benefits to keeping a small nation with empire, aka Britain or the Netherlands.
    Try modding a standard game to include Rhye's (stability?) calculations in it and you might have some interesting games, or add something that allows for more trade based on location... doubt that's possible.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
    X