Noob question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob question

I just got hooked on the Civ serries and been reading the forums here for a couple weeks now.

Question is I see Abe Lincoln and some other Civs that are not a choice for me when starting a new game. Are they unlockables ?

I have Civ 4: Gold Edition. Any input would be great, thanks.

Gold Edition is Civ4 ('vanilla') plus the first expansion, Warlords. There is a second expansion, Beyond the Sword, which is not included in Civ4: Gold Edition. You would have to buy it separately.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Alternatively - you could buy a copy of Civilisation Complete off a non US based online store. It inludes Beyond the Sword, and saves on all the disc swapping.
      I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Interesting (as an aside). Posts today are being counted but not views? At least in this thread and 1 other.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

BTS added:

Leaders

Lincoln (US)
          Boudica (Celts)
          DeGaulle (France)
          Darius I (Persia)
          Pericles (Greece)
          Sulieman (Ottoman)

New Civilizations

Babylon (Hammurabi)
          Byzantine (Justinian I)
          Dutch (Willem von Oranje)
          Ethiopia (Zara Yaqob)
          Holy Roman Empire (Charlemange)
          Khmer (Suryavarman II)
          Mayan (Pacal II)
          Native American (Sitting Bull)
          Portugal (Joao II)
          Sumeria (Gilgamesh)

Welcome to Apolyton SirJulius.
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
            Interesting (as an aside). Posts today are being counted but not views? At least in this thread and 1 other.
            I think it's a performance related issue, certain things that are somewhat DB intensive are turned off when performance is sluggish (Gramphos may be taking a backup, he does that around the start of the month?) and views is one of them.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
            X