• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats new

so i have been away for a while and

long enough that I have no clue who you are
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Likewise. Do you have, play Civ IV, preferably BTS? How long have you been away?
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Didn't mean to drive you off. Where did you go?
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

On a binge?
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Russia has invaded a place called Georgia, a black man and a woman are running for the American presidency, and this thing called the Large Hadron Collider might destroy the... oh... you ment in Civilization well it depends on how long you've been gone.

Comment

In game terms, Russia appears to have been using spies for the last two years (turns) to increase their culture in the tiles represented by S Ossetia[sp?] and Abzahia[sp?].

Russia then made war against Georgia long enough to speed up the culture flip in the above tiles and cause significant damage to several improvements in tiles throughout Georgia.

This did however cause Russia to be inflicted with the "You declared war on our friend!" -1 point penalty from several civs throughout the world, most notably the US & EU.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

In Civ, the "EU" represents quite a few of the available civs. Not sure how spies spread their civ's culture, or were we being metaphorical? (Abkhazia[sp?])

Comment

[sp?] = Suspected mispelling

With BTS, Spies can be used to increase your culture in a given tile.
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

[I corrected your spelling of Abkhazia, then realized that may not be the only way to spell it on a worldwide bulletin board.] That increasing culture mission was news to me but I see it in the mission choices. Neat!

Comment

If there's ever a disagreement between how I've spelling something and how an news site using American English is spelling it, I'm the one who's wrong.

On the spy in BTS thing, I think that when the mission is succesful it raises your culture by 1%. Cost is in part based on how much culture you already have in that tile.
                      Templar Science Minister

Comment

Working...
                      X